The Hunter Mod

Gamida

Was watching a stream and there was a debate about the hunter mod. It is suppose to do 100% damage to living beings. So is it useless on zombies (animal ones included). Does it only work on the animals like the regular bear, deer, rabbits, chickens and such. Or was it included for PVP?

10 hours ago, Gamida said:

Was watching a stream and there was a debate about the hunter mod. It is suppose to do 100% damage to living beings. So is it useless on zombies (animal ones included). Does it only work on the animals like the regular bear, deer, rabbits, chickens and such. Or was it included for PVP?

i think its ment for animals. i always add it for extra damage.

there is Blessed metal in the creative menu but you can't uses it in a non modded game.

Affects players and animals (item_modifiers.xml).

<effect_group tiered="false">
  <requirement name="EntityTagCompare" target="other" tags="player,animal"/>
  <passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="perc_add" value="1"/>
</effect_group>

Zombie bears and dogs count as 'animal' it seems (entity_classes.xml):

<entity_class name="animalZombieDog" extends="animalWolf">
    <property name="Tags" value="entity,animal,zombie,hostile,dog"/>

Tested it on a zombie bear and it does extra damage. Note that like all damage modifiers it is not exactly 200% damage with mod vs without mod. Game uses the base damage of the weapon and adds 100% of that, before other modifiers. So in my case a lvl 5 pistol went from 62 damage without to 116 damage with the mod.

The description of the mod should be changed, or zombie animals should lose the 'animal' tag. Probably that would cascade to a whole bunch of other issues, though, regarding how 'animals' are treated in game.

Edited by Boidster (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Boidster said:

The description of the mod should be changed, or zombie animals should lose the 'animal' tag. Probably that would cascade to a whole bunch of other issues, though, regarding how 'animals' are treated in game.

Or, duh, add a 'living' tag to the non-zombie animals and change the Hunter mod so it looks for 'player' or 'living'. Pretty easy modlet to make I think.

Edit: I tested the idea; works as expected. Added 'living' tag to normal bears and changed the Hunter mod so it looks for 'living' instead of 'animal'. Normal bears take extra damage, zombie bears do not.

Edit 2: Even easier is to just add a check for "not zombie" alongside the "player or animal" check. I made a modlet for this.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/1394

Edited by Boidster (see edit history)