Ideas for character overhall.

AndrewT

Now first off I know that Neanderthals have been extinct for a long time and may have not been as intelligent as we homo sapiens are. but when I mention one of these character ideas in detail yall may find it interesting. To start one thing the character system needs is to have a character's bodyweight and muscles actually affect their capabilities such as increased body fat slowing down your character and more muscles giving harder punches and sledgehammer swings (I know we have strength perks but im talking about early game before u get all those perks) I wanted to mention this because we can customize our characters to either be really fat or have big muscles but I think its time that those customizations actually affect the characters performance rather than just affecting their appearance. Now this next idea is where the whole Neanderthals thing comes in, another idea for improving the character system is giving the player the ability to chose which type of human they want their characters to be. Now again I know Neanderthals may not have been as intelligent as us but it would be interesting if we could give our characters certain Neanderthal features such as thicker bones meaning harder punches since Neanderthals had thicker bones im sure their solid punches would be equivalent to a sledgehammer. I know this whole Neanderthal thing sounds like pure fantasy but it is interesting nonetheless

1 hour ago, AndrewT said:

Now first off I know that Neanderthals have been extinct for a long time and may have not been as intelligent as we homo sapiens are. but when I mention one of these character ideas in detail yall may find it interesting. To start one thing the character system needs is to have a character's bodyweight and muscles actually affect their capabilities such as increased body fat slowing down your character and more muscles giving harder punches and sledgehammer swings (I know we have strength perks but im talking about early game before u get all those perks) I wanted to mention this because we can customize our characters to either be really fat or have big muscles but I think its time that those customizations actually affect the characters performance rather than just affecting their appearance. Now this next idea is where the whole Neanderthals thing comes in, another idea for improving the character system is giving the player the ability to chose which type of human they want their characters to be. Now again I know Neanderthals may not have been as intelligent as us but it would be interesting if we could give our characters certain Neanderthal features such as thicker bones meaning harder punches since Neanderthals had thicker bones im sure their solid punches would be equivalent to a sledgehammer. I know this whole Neanderthal thing sounds like pure fantasy but it is interesting nonetheless

The game SCUM did what you mentioned about character statistics. It's an insane chore to manage and really takes away from the fun. And it would be an excessive chore. The character creation is also getting an overhaul so you can't make abominations. Also, if you could punch like a sledgehammer, then they might as well remove it from the game. I get the point your trying to make and it's not a bad one, but it's not a good option.

Instead, you could try getting the older systems back. "I punch zombie, punching has leveled" "i hit zombie with club, blunt weapons have leveled" would be the proper way. Especially since all food would need a rework and trust me, having to eat blueberries and corn all the time alongside meat would just be a hassle. Poor to maintain and would be more challenging than the zombies. Though i like where your heads at!

21 hours ago, Darklegend222 said:

The game SCUM did what you mentioned about character statistics. It's an insane chore to manage and really takes away from the fun. And it would be an excessive chore. The character creation is also getting an overhaul so you can't make abominations. Also, if you could punch like a sledgehammer, then they might as well remove it from the game. I get the point your trying to make and it's not a bad one, but it's not a good option.

Instead, you could try getting the older systems back. "I punch zombie, punching has leveled" "i hit zombie with club, blunt weapons have leveled" would be the proper way. Especially since all food would need a rework and trust me, having to eat blueberries and corn all the time alongside meat would just be a hassle. Poor to maintain and would be more challenging than the zombies. Though i like where your heads at!

yeah that's true but the character system does need some improvements im glad there working on that for A20

12 hours ago, AndrewT said:

yeah that's true but the character system does need some improvements im glad there working on that for A20

<Sight> nope . Guys, did you play in Bioshock 2 in multiplayer welder were the best character . How if everymodel  had  this same speed hp etc? Because he had smaller hitbox.

M&b have something like older 7dtd system but in warband only concected with weapons skill. In Banerlord it rly hard to grow for example trade but easy cunning. Older system was unbalanced. If you have low skill in medicine you are trying to don't get hit so you don't medical items = dead end. Mining in some ways  let you make everywhere barber wire and steel walls. So actuall system isn't ideal but it it better that old one