The system requirements are no longer up to date

Samfisch

There have been so many innovations in the last few years, high-resolution textures, complex tasks for the game ... 
It is being developed further year after year, but the standard system requirements no longer hold up. 
I still have an i72600 with 16gb and ssd games in the lowest resolution, and that is recommended on the steamshop page.
A revision would be overdue for a long time. 
And I like to play the game, which I also wish for a mod integration via workshop .. 
A lot of modders have already jumped off .. and that's the community that keeps the game alive ..
(googletranslate)

The requirements are in flux right now and kind of a moving target. Everyone has their own standards of what constitutes "playable". One person will play with minimum specs and be content with the level of graphics and fps that they must endure while someone else will reject that as unplayable. If you have high expectations then the recommended specs are probably the minimum specs for you but that doesn't mean that someone can't run the game with the actual minimum specs and adjust their settings to make it playable.

I'm certain that once the game goes gold the listed specs for minimum and recommended will probably be different than what they are right now but hopefully not too different if the team can clean things up and continue to optimize.

"Their own standards" has limits though. Currently 1920x1080 is so much a standard that a game developer can't define his minimum specs for less. And 30 FPS are surely the minimum that has to be reached for much of the playing time. 

And I'm pretty sure in general minimum speccs PCs can't achieve this at any config setting 

I didn't mean to say that, I just noticed that the system requirements on the Steam page are getting on in years .
.. and that they should be adapted to today's standards. 
Probably if the game comes out in year X, 
you will need VR glasses and a suit to play the game, sometimes exaggerated.

The best thing to do is look again yourself, my pictures and videos will also be updated

https://store.steampowered.com/app/251570/7_Days_to_Die/

On 02/02/2021 at 5:08 PM, meganoth said:

"Their own standards" has limits though. Currently 1920x1080 is so much a standard that a game developer can't define his minimum specs for less. And 30 FPS are surely the minimum that has to be reached for much of the playing time. 

And I'm pretty sure in general minimum speccs PCs can't achieve this at any config setting 

100% agree with you  good explanation 

Archived