Ztensity's Unnecessarily Beautiful But Immersive (UBBI)

ztensity

9 minutes ago, Dk710 said:

Hey just a quick question. It Should be fine to update the version from the old a21 version to the new one on a current save with no issues, correct? Was this tested?

Hey DK,

I did do tests. What I recommend is backing up your entire mods folder just in case. Replace the mod. If you have any issues, back out of the game, put the previous version in and remove items.

To prevent any errors, I would just suggest destroying various items like kitchen appliances.

There shouldn't be any issues mid-save. Oh and I would remove any crafting items from your inventory and chests, as there may have been changes there!

Overall I don't think it should be problematic from older versions of UBBI to this one mid-save!

Cheers,

Ztensity

19 minutes ago, ztensity said:

Hey DK,

I did do tests. What I recommend is backing up your entire mods folder just in case. Replace the mod. If you have any issues, back out of the game, put the previous version in and remove items.

To prevent any errors, I would just suggest destroying various items like kitchen appliances.

There shouldn't be any issues mid-save. Oh and I would remove any crafting items from your inventory and chests, as there may have been changes there!

Overall I don't think it should be problematic from older versions of UBBI to this one mid-save!

Cheers,

Ztensity

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly! I am very impatient and decided to do some testing for myself and figured out worst thing that happens if you update even with kitchen items placed in your world mid save is a simple line of red code that doesn't allow you to open the appliance until you destroy and replace it! I don't know if it matters but here is the code its throwing btw.

Definitely isn't game breaking though!

InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.

1 minute ago, Dk710 said:

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly! I am very impatient and decided to do some testing for myself and figured out worst thing that happens if you update even with kitchen items placed in your world mid save is a simple line of red code that doesn't allow you to open the appliance until you destroy and replace it! I don't know if it matters but here is the code its throwing btw.

Definitely isn't game breaking though!

InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.

Awesome. I think I'm familiar with this one. It should be a one off after you destroy the item that throws the error. Once you do, relaunch the entire game and the issue shouldn't occur again because the item either won't be there or replaced with the new version!

I advise not to keep recipe items on you as sometimes changes to the recipes themselves may cause issues.

I'm glad to hear your update when well otherwise! There is nothing I can do to avoid that one off error, so I'm not sweating it!

Ztensity

I love what you have done with the mod and my little one loves to be an interior designer with the base. I want to give my praise to you since the last alpha build so I thank you. One thing I was trying to figure out, it appears that the light does not come on in the oven or maybe there is a sprite you can take from the fireplace and have it on the top of the oven, i think that would be righteous, kind like a hells kitchen vibe when using it. Just a suggestion but i love your work!

26 minutes ago, Genavimex said:

I love what you have done with the mod and my little one loves to be an interior designer with the base. I want to give my praise to you since the last alpha build so I thank you. One thing I was trying to figure out, it appears that the light does not come on in the oven or maybe there is a sprite you can take from the fireplace and have it on the top of the oven, i think that would be righteous, kind like a hells kitchen vibe when using it. Just a suggestion but i love your work!

I appreciate your kind words. I'm glad to hear your family is loving it, that's awesome!

As far as the stove top, I didn't think about giving a lighting up effect or something along those lines.

I'll consider doing that for the update to UBBI for A22 when that comes out!

Cheers,

Ztensity

NexusBannerA214.5.thumb.png.b6c456877c1c3aad67ff71002f3ad58e.png

Version 4.6.5.0 is now live!

I have just released an important update to Unnecessarily Beautiful But Immersive (UBBI) for A21.1 to 4.6.5.

It was brought to my attention that the campfire sounds are hard coded into the recipes. Due to this, there was an unintentional bug that was occurring where the campfire started layering sounds from the microwave while cooking and when done cooking.

I have moved the cooking functionality from the kitchen appliances out of UBBI and added it to an optional "Cooking Add-On," which switches the kitchen appliances from functioning like cabinets to custom campfires. If you decide to get UBBI with the Cooking Add-On, the sound bug will occur again and cannot be fixed in this current alpha.

If players decide to play with UBBI alongside the Cooking Add-On and Sirillion's SMX, a patch is required from the Optional files available. However, UBBI is vanilla friendly and does not require any optional modlets. I have implemented this change in 4.6.5 and adjusted the optional files so that players can enjoy 7 Days to Die and Unnecessarily Beautiful But Immersive how they want.

A few players were worried about the file size of UBBI. I have now compressed audio, images and videos to decrease the storage requirements of this mod from over 600MB+ to close to 300MB.

Now you can get more mods!

low.gif

You can support the mod on Nexus here or you can download directly below!

You can easily download the mod here - UBBI 4.6.5.0 (A21.1).

If you wish to switch kitchen appliances from working like cabinets to functioning like campfires, download this optional file here - UBBI Cooking Add-On.

If you wish to play UBBI with the Cooking Add-On alongside SMX, download this optional file here - UBBI Cooking Add-On SMX Patch.

Cheers,

Ztensity

Edited by ztensity (see edit history)

On 8/20/2023 at 1:11 PM, ALo said:

yea no worries i understand how busy life can be. i guess i was hoping for a quick solution but easiest thing to do is stick with v4.0 since its quite small. i can always wait till A22. 
here's a thought going forward to A22, perhaps an alternate version with no video trailers to reduce the size? bc if that is all that pumped up the file size then i would happily forego that one feature to save half a gig of downloads. 

anyway, love the work and support you all the way. 

The file size issue has been addressed in v4.6.5 available on the Forums or Nexus Mods!

Cheers,

Ztensity :)

• 8 months later...

not sure if you can help me here, but my acer predator, allowed the windows ingame, to be transparent, on my new box which has a different setup it wont allow the glass to be transparent.

my vid card is a rxt 3060 nvidia.

as i said i had no issues with transparencies, on the old box, but this one does work, just wondering if you have any suggestions for this, as i prefer your windows to the metal shop vanilla type, cheers mate.

3 minutes ago, ozmods said:

not sure if you can help me here, but my acer predator, allowed the windows ingame, to be transparent, on my new box which has a different setup it wont allow the glass to be transparent.

my vid card is a rxt 3060 nvidia.

as i said i had no issues with transparencies, on the old box, but this one does work, just wondering if you have any suggestions for this, as i prefer your windows to the metal shop vanilla type, cheers mate.

Hey man, all I can advise is maybe get a fresh set of mods on a separate game with a new start. Make sure you have my most recent update, which should have fixed a lot of transparency issues.

However, if you do that and you still have trouble, this isn't really my area of expertise. You can always try the Discord or 7 Days to Die support in general.

I've not heard of any issues with the recent game update, so could be some setting or an issue with a mid-game on a new system. Maybe system needs updates or a driver is messed up? I'm not sure, just spit balling.

I hope you can figure it out.

Cheers,

Z