A21 Skyrim Style Lockpicking MiniGame

xyth

There seems to be an issue when trying to lock/unlock/coding a Door with the mod loaded, it just opens the door instead. 

When removing the mod it works as usual again.

It's a minor bug for SP but raiders can walk in and shoot your face if doors aren't locked, otherwise works great!

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2023 at 10:36 AM, Milkshakes said:

There seems to be an issue when trying to lock/unlock/coding a Door with the mod loaded, it just opens the door instead. 

When removing the mod it works as usual again.

It's a minor bug for SP but raiders can walk in and shoot your face if doors aren't locked, otherwise works great!

Totally missed this bug report.  Fix is in the works. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/6/2023 at 10:33 PM, Jayman said:

Updated to newest version and still can't lock pick.. I don't have to start a new save, do I?

image.thumb.jpeg.4e1f7506c6f35bb32897599035c994ba.jpeg

That random texture issue has been around since this mod was created.  I have not be able to find a clue why it occasionally happens, but it only seems to happen to a random lock at very rare intervals.   

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there.

I'm using "Scomar82_ColoredContainerStates" to put some text with colour, for example:

Key,File,Type,UsedInMainMenu,NoTranslate,english,Context / Alternate Text,spanish

itemTooltipFocusedOne,UI,Use Prompt,,,[EEEE22]{0}[-] to collect {1},,[EEEE22]{0}[-] para recoger {1}

I added a line to show colours in your mini-game text but nothing happens... Can you give me a clue? Maybe the "Type" is wrong?( I have in the same file different lines that use: "Use Prompt", "HUD", "Menu" and "Tooltip"...

Key,File,Type,UsedInMainMenu,NoTranslate,english,Context / Alternate Text,spanish

advancedlockpicking_desc,UI,HUD,,,Use the [8D26B6]arrow keys[-] or [8D26B6]A[-] and [8D26B6]D[-] to change the position of the pick locks. Then [8D26B6]space[-] to try to unlock.,Utilice las [8D26B6]flechas[-] o [8D26B6]A[-] y [8D26B6]D[-] para reposicionar las ganzúas. Luego [8D26B6]espacio[-] para intentar desbloquear.

Edited by Boudriov (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

A great mod, many times better than the original lock picking system! The only thing that is a little annoying is that when you open a large lock, the top of its texture goes beyond the frame and the upper part disappears...lock.png.52c14ba761174c5c9ad8dcc0dfa15583.png

• 2 weeks later...