Ideas for the game

RetroGhoul31

Given the INT tree’s focus on the tower defense aspects of the game, maybe have the ranged weapons act more like debuffers like the stun baton?

Either chem weapons like the goo thrower idea that @Adam the Waster has or taser guns but with a focus on debilitating crowds of zombies to make turrets and traps more effective on them. I’m thinking stuff with high stun chance or adding the electrocution effect from the baton so that a high-end INT player could heavily slow or paralyze whole hordes in a similar manner to STR players AOE knockdown with sledgehammers but at the cost of deeply mediocre damage output. I could see the Hubcap Xbow being a tier 3 weapon if you glued a car battery to it and made it a AOE shock weapon (at least as one ammo type anyway). Electrified hubcap buzzsaws sound fun! Maybe with a high dismemberment chance innately?

Edited by ShellHead
Added idea after the fact (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

but tier 2 is not a rocket launcher. 

its a Flame/goo thrower 

NOPE !! for example Piat - french " rocket laucher" is just... something like glue gun with spring XD it just throwing rockets XD not launching just ... throwing XD so why don't do junk PIAT XD 

27 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

NOPE !! for example Piat - french " rocket laucher" is just... something like glue gun with spring XD it just throwing rockets XD not launching just ... throwing XD so why don't do junk PIAT XD 

i mean the rocket launcher kinda looks like one, Poor mans verson of a poor mans verson of a Rocket launcher

and the goo gun is based off the Sliquifier from cod zombies. It fires purple goo that makes zombies melt and slip!

the way the gun would fire, it would fire in a Blob of the goo of your choice. and it would fall like a Grenade. but cooler! 

and if you wanted to, you can load gas and fire it like a flamethrower

26 minutes ago, ShellHead said:

I think they meant “thrower” as hose, not lobber.

you’re describing something more like a grenade launcher with chemical payloads, not a sprayer which was what they were talking about

think about it as if you threw slime on the ground... thats how it would fire!

37 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

That would be pretty cool and well-suited to a more crowd-control focused version of INT, not sure if the tech is there for it under the hood but would be fun nonetheless.

Edited by ShellHead
Edited for clarity (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

i mean the rocket launcher kinda looks like one, Poor mans verson of a poor mans verson of a Rocket launcher

and the goo gun is based off the Sliquifier from cod zombies. It fires purple goo that makes zombies melt and slip!

the way the gun would fire, it would fire in a Blob of the goo of your choice. and it would fall like a Grenade. but cooler! 

and if you wanted to, you can load gas and fire it like a flamethrower

Well it sound a little bit as alternative type of shoting from second shotgun from painkiller overdose ! well just "goo" change into radioactive material and it would be fresh and immersive well green is more "happier" that purple. AND I HATE DIE RISE!  Just nope rly nope even XI an rest of chaos maps were better 

4 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Well it sound a little bit as alternative type of shoting from second shotgun from painkiller overdose ! well just "goo" change into radioactive material and it would be fresh and immersive well green is more "happier" that purple. AND I HATE DIE RISE!  Just nope rly nope even XI an rest of chaos maps were better 

i had fun with die rise. but it was missing PHD. 

and idk about radiation. them zombies seem to like rads. 

im going to update it soon cuz i got a few new ideas for int weapons  

Ok Part 3. Some changes 

Spoiler

Tier 0: Junk rifle: same role as the other one but with mods like simi auto or full auto you can change the fire rate! The point of the Junk rifle is to uses some more of the "off branded ammo" stuff like junk ammo (all types), Nails at a full auto rate and Darts.. example. darts can be charged up by holding the shoot button (whatever it is for you if you are a weirdo). 

it would uses compressed air to fire, even though it uses air! its pretty loud! 

Can add suppressor and it a nice mixed weapon but don't expect it to Save your skin too much duing a blood moon! 

Spoiler

tier 1: Hubcap Launcher: What if you got a crossbow, some hubcaps, some old parts and a pinch of Insanity? well you get the hubcap launcher! if you are a Loser you just place Hubcaps as deco sense you can't uses them for mines anymore! Well what if you Slap them bad boys in a large crossbow fliger thingy! it can have 1 shot but can added more to the "Mag" its just gravity that brings them down. the thing about these though due to their shape, when fired out they move to a point where instead of a blunt object. it basically turns into a Flying Saw Blade. if you don't like that zombie running at you? just shoot its legs and cap it i the head! it can even go though other targets.  OR if you don't like your hands! you can load a Hubcap mine to throw it at a zombie as a Poor man's grenade launcher! make sure your not too closes though 

Spoiler

Tier 2: Hell bringer: What if you made a flamethrower but its NOT a flamethrower but instead it was a goo launcher? no? well too bad!  this weapon is a chemist best friend! with a Mix of special blends you are able to do many things with it!

• Goorot: this goo blend is a mix of Acid, Paint, oil and glue. this acid makes a small greenish red goo puddle that basically makes zombies fall apart like legos! there legs may break off, there heads, there arms, or they can just be a Disabled to the point where they can't move! it works well too agesnt cars as well! 

• Goo-brun: this Harsh blend makes you not love to smell Napalm! this stuff is fire but on another level! it fires out like a fireball but it lingers on the ground longer then a Molotov but its much smaller. Oh and the fire burns longer :D

• Goo-turn: A Smell that is so bad it would make them zombies smell like roses! this smell makes other zombies attack another due to the smell! if you shoot say a solder, all the other zombies will attack them but they will get the goo too! and it will repeat! this blend though takes awhile to make and its hard to make!

• Goo-tar: it acts like a Slipping slide! it can slow down zombie movement and can even Make them fall and ragdoll! or it can even Stun the zombies and they will be stuck until the goo is gone, this is the easiest one to make!      

• flamethrower" this just turns it into a flamethrower and uses gasoline!
    (all of this is in the ammo section)
Spoiler

tier 3/1: Stun gun!: this weapon is like a Taser but on Crack! it is much more lethal then one but you can uses it as a weapon! 

this weapon uses 2 types of ammo
Power: (Battery you loaded Load it with in ammo)
and Rounds: (uses Junk ammo, can pick what type you want, in the same ammo tab)

• 25%: this is a more lethal then a Taser but no were near useless! it does DPS with electricity and able to stun a target right in front of you and it you get a buff when you hit them with a Stun baton (Instacharge!). 

• 50%: this has a Light chain that will slow down the target a bit less but will deal electrical damage DPS. does well against armored enemies

• 75%: Fires a more High charged Shot that does more damage but less stun damage! But it does wonders agent Heavy targets! In fact! it can disable a Demolishers C4 charge. HA!  

• 100% Deals more damage to the gun and Uses ALOT of power and the gun makes a Loud *Hummmmmmmmmmm* sound so if you think your sneaky... your not and expect company! this weapon will not uses Junk ammo but it will damage the gun and DESTROY battery power!. it fires a Net on the bottom that acts as a Mobile Zap trap!  but if you walk to far away from it. it will turn off due to the cable and it will break! (not the gun but the net) 

this can deal heavy Damage and can set them of fire and can Slow them down but it drains battery power like Snowdog after being a stripper home! 

46 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

i had fun with die rise. but it was missing PHD. 

and idk about radiation. them zombies seem to like rads. 

im going to update it soon cuz i got a few new ideas for int weapons  

Well in painkiller you litteraly using this shotgun to kill zombies/skeletons in hazmat suit. Yo know maybe radiation for zombies is like salt for human. A little bit is good but can you kill you soon

28 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Ok Part 3. Some changes 

Hide contents

Tier 0: Junk rifle: same role as the other one but with mods like simi auto or full auto you can change the fire rate! The point of the Junk rifle is to uses some more of the "off branded ammo" stuff like junk ammo (all types), Nails at a full auto rate and Darts.. example. darts can be charged up by holding the shoot button (whatever it is for you if you are a weirdo). 

Can add suppressor and it a nice mixed weapon but don't expect it to Save your skin too much duing a blood moon! 

Hide contents

tier 1: Hubcap Launcher: What if you got a crossbow, some hubcaps, some old parts and a pinch of Insanity? well you get the hubcap launcher! if you are a Loser you just place Hubcaps as deco sense you can't uses them for mines anymore! Well what if you Slap them bad boys in a large crossbow fliger thingy! it can have 1 shot but can added more to the "Mag" its just gravity that brings them down. the thing about these though due to their shape, when fired out they move to a point where instead of a blunt object. it basically turns into a Flying Saw Blade. if you don't like that zombie running at you? just shoot its legs and cap it i the head! it can even go though other targets.  OR if you don't like your hands! you can load a Hubcap mine to throw it at a zombie as a Poor man's grenade launcher! make sure your not too closes though 

Hide contents

Tier 2: Hell bringer: What if you made a flamethrower but its NOT a flamethrower but instead it was a goo launcher? no? well too bad!  this weapon is a chemist best friend! with a Mix of special blends you are able to do many things with it!

• Goorot: this goo blend is a mix of Acid, Paint, oil and glue. this acid makes a small greenish red goo puddle that basically makes zombies fall apart like legos! there legs may break off, there heads, there arms, or they can just be a Disabled to the point where they can't move! it works well too agesnt cars as well! 

• Goo-brun: this Harsh blend makes you not love to smell Napalm! this stuff is fire but on another level! it fires out like a fireball but it lingers on the ground longer then a Molotov but its much smaller. Oh and the fire burns longer :D

• Goo-turn: A Smell that is so bad it would make them zombies smell like roses! this smell makes other zombies attack another due to the smell! if you shoot say a solder, all the other zombies will attack them but they will get the goo too! and it will repeat! this blend though takes awhile to make and its hard to make!

• Goo-tar: it acts like a Slipping slide! it can slow down zombie movement and can even Make them fall and ragdoll! or it can even Stun the zombies and they will be stuck until the goo is gone, this is the easiest one to make!      

Hide contents

tier 3/1: Stun gun!: this weapon is like a Taser but on Crack! it is much more lethal then one but you can uses it as a weapon! 

• 25%: this is a more lethal then a Taser but no were near useless! it does DPS with electricity and able to stun a target right in front of you and it you get a buff when you hit them with a Stun baton (Instacharge!). 

• 50%: this has a Light chain that will slow down the target a bit less but will deal electrical damage DPS. does well against armored enemies

• 75%: Fires a more High charged Shot that does more damage but less stun damage! But it does wonders agent Heavy targets! In fact! it can disable a Demolishers C4 charge. HA!  

• 100% Deals more damage to the gun and Uses ALOT of power and the gun makes a Loud *Hummmmmmmmmmm* sound so if you think your sneaky... your not and expect company! this weapon will not uses Junk ammo but it will damage the gun and DESTROY battery power!. it fires a Net on the bottom that acts as a Mobile Zap trap!  but if you walk to far away from it. it will turn off due to the cable and it will break! (not the gun but the net) 

this can deal heavy Damage and can set them of fire and can Slow them down but it drains battery power like Snowdog after being a stripper home! 

Yeap stun gun sounds better that tesla gun . And again  small change to hell bringer - well better to throw thermite - it would be this same but also let make thermit grandes . just throw somewhere and zombies will be without feets... and legs... well they will be crawlers XD And i still want artillery XD jeez it would be epick - just  find a enemy group base , dig near of their base a hole, put mortar , ww1 vibes and your friend sitting somewhere  cover you with snaiper rifle . It would be fantastic

6 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

Ok Part 3. Some changes 

Hide contents

i’m not really sure what this weapon does over the other pipe weapons. Since it’s not using pre-existing ammo, it kind of needs a defined purpose. Shotguns pummel crowds, Rifles wipe out single targets at long range, ARs are flexible, what does the junk rifle do that the other guns don’t?

Hide contents

I really like the core idea here and i think it adds a lot, i think focusing on this as a more utility oriented rocket launcher alternative would do the idea more justice than as a tier 2 midpoint though, e.g. electric hubcap bombs, incendiaries etc.

Hide contents

I’d either nix the flamethrower ammo or combine it with goo-burn, they are redundant separately.

these are a lot of unique ammo types for this individual weapon though, which is fine but not for a main line grand stat weapon, especially since the new pipe weapons are designed so that a weapon line uses the same ammo from beginning to end. This would make a cool unique weapon assigned to an INT perk though, kind of like how the rocket launcher is handled by the demolitions perk.

Hide contents

I really like this as the mainline weapon but i think the battery mechanic would be really hard to implement and would make it hard for early players to keep their gun loaded And charged. I really like the interplay with the stun baton though. Maybe make the shock net and ignition effects alternative ammo types rather than integrated with the gun itself?

my thinking here is to try and keep the weapons in line with how the rest of the weapons in-game are handled: shared ammo, mostly linear progression, let a lot of the complexity show itself through mods and alternative ammo types.

the hubcap launcher and the hell-thrower are very well suited to being major secondary weapons in the vein of the rocket launcher for the perception stat.

i hope I didn’t come off too critical.

19 hours ago, ShellHead said:

I really like this as the mainline weapon but i think the battery mechanic would be really hard to implement and would make it hard for early players to keep their gun loaded And charged. I really like the interplay with the stun baton though. Maybe make the shock net and ignition effects alternative ammo types rather than integrated with the gun itself?

my thinking here is to try and keep the weapons in line with how the rest of the weapons in-game are handled: shared ammo, mostly linear progression, let a lot of the complexity show itself through mods and alternative ammo types.

the hubcap launcher and the hell-thrower are very well suited to being major secondary weapons in the vein of the rocket launcher for the perception stat.

i hope I didn’t come off too critical.

I am for the maximum realism of the weapon. I do not like it when in the game endless ammo or a pistol shot does damage such as a large-caliber launcher.

46 minutes ago, KayBur said:

I am for the maximum realism of the weapon. I do not like it when in the game endless ammo or a pistol shot does damage such as a large-caliber launcher.

In real live guns make a bigger holes that in games. One shot in head with typical 12 shotgun ammo can blow up head. Hmg can easy gibs arms legs etc. ofc endless ammo is stupid but in real life you can make a thrower like helsing from metro 2033 just find a iron scrap and you can shot . One m60 magasine could easy kill 100 zombie horde because penetration. And yeah some pistols can make a rly big hole, more even a some types a arrow can behead you ( you can find test on yt) . So yeah it is neccesary to find a balance - if guns head rly stats like in rly zombies would die by 2-3 shot in lower parts of body and 1 shot one kill chest or bleed out when shot in leg  but it would be to easy. Ofc in real live sometimes strange things hapens like guy survive 10 shots with 9mm but  in shor distant 1-2 shots is enough

21 hours ago, Matt115 said:

In real live guns make a bigger holes that in games. One shot in head with typical 12 shotgun ammo can blow up head. Hmg can easy gibs arms legs etc. ofc endless ammo is stupid but in real life you can make a thrower like helsing from metro 2033 just find a iron scrap and you can shot . One m60 magasine could easy kill 100 zombie horde because penetration. And yeah some pistols can make a rly big hole, more even a some types a arrow can behead you ( you can find test on yt) . So yeah it is neccesary to find a balance - if guns head rly stats like in rly zombies would die by 2-3 shot in lower parts of body and 1 shot one kill chest or bleed out when shot in leg  but it would be to easy. Ofc in real live sometimes strange things hapens like guy survive 10 shots with 9mm but  in shor distant 1-2 shots is enough

You correctly focused on balance. Absolutely everything is good in moderation, even hyperbolization should be healthy, let's say.

4 hours ago, KayBur said:

You correctly focused on balance. Absolutely everything is good in moderation, even hyperbolization should be healthy, let's say.

I know because there is one thing very " annoing" did you played in cod WaW? First 5 rounds was cool but rest was making zombie stupid like put 100 bullets into one to kill him. I was rly angry that they don't just give zombie enought zombie hp to survive 2 hits from k98 and just put them more and more . Few years after that i learn 1 thing - they put 36 zombie limit on one time to let the game working good . Yo know stability . Ofc Pc are better that 12 years ago but 7dtd is more "advanced" that cod : destructible world , more advance zombie AI . Ofc now in cod we have big maps ile outbrake but they are preety static