Ideas for the game

RetroGhoul31

Well then, so at least what I posted on the website might be found in a sequel 😉.

I would rather look at things as short-term and long-term impacts in general. The problem is always with scaling (abilities), in making them not too OP or completely useless in a pre-constructed scenario - everything has to find its place. 

I have presented weapon progression from basic e.g Pistol to Desert, (such progression was taken literally and probably that was misleading on my part because I used some shortcuts). Desert Vulture acts sort of now as any other gun in a pre-constructed tier (because weapons as abilities are bound with grand 5 perks) - Pistol and Desert V compete with other Rifles or a Shotguns in general, that is breaking my heart. Because of that, the pistol doesn't behave like an early game item, weak-close range weapon. Other weapons without perking in them feel like (semi)automatic pistol at some point - or at least that's my observation. What I would like to happen - balancing the weapon with the reload speed, mag size, rounds per minute, ammo type and its damage with penetration (so Armour and its properties kick in), recoil and so on, with the possibility to attach mods - that's it.

Abilities should perhaps determine the number of attached mods, reload speed, possibility to craft a given weapon or ammo type and that's all. Some bonuses in damage only against undead might be considered, to make the game more progressive - my favorite word. Then the game would stay fun and at least pretend to have anything in common with in-real-life scenarios (obviously downscaled). That's what I feel and it's solely my opinion. Bows and melee weapons are completely separate entities.

---

Well, the progression would be similar only in terms of granting points by acquiring XP like it is since A 17, just the concept would be exactly the same. But, ofc in a mathematical manner progression would scale up slightly differently - and that`s some sort of intention on my part also. 

Enforce some abilities as cheap ones, day one skills, and tools, by moving some ability or weapon ladders. So no matter what some perks would stay as less powerful (but there is early, a mid and late game that makes the game fun). Later, read the data to whether the construct created by the team holds up. Create abilities that work against certain types of enemy or topography. So simply put, some abilities and weapons should probably be weaker and cheap (in progression) and not necessarily stay redistributed across 5 grand perks.

We will see what the future holds for the next title.

1 hour ago, Kooyla said:

I'm a fan of the game, been playing for years. My request is that the traders recognize the fact that I am not a man. It's frustrating being called man all the time.

Yes, that's the main problem of the game. I would also add that the game lacks a afro-american merchant and a transvestite

4 hours ago, bachgaman said:

Yes, that's the main problem of the game. I would also add that the game lacks a afro-american merchant and a transvestite

Well you're not very nice. Women are half of the population guy and also blm.

6 hours ago, Kooyla said:

I'm a fan of the game, been playing for years. My request is that the traders recognize the fact that I am not a man. It's frustrating being called man all the time.

If you want you can make a bug report so they don't forget it. Whether it will get fixed probably depends on whether they can hire the same speakers to add new lines.

3 minutes ago, meganoth said:

If you want you can make a bug report so they don't forget it. Whether it will get fixed probably depends on whether they can hire the same speakers to add new lines.

I mean they could just remove the male specific stuff when you are a female character. That's a good idea, about the bug report. Where do you go to do that?

Edited by Kooyla
Error (see edit history)

5 hours ago, bachgaman said:

While some people get triggered by any mention of other sexes nowadays, addressing a toon wrongly is a simple bug just like the wrong spelling of an ingame item or calling all guns pistols in the perk menue would be.

3 minutes ago, Kooyla said:

I mean they could just remove the male specific stuff when you are a female character. That's a good idea, about the bug report. Where do you go to do that?

Would that be possible without making the sentences sound wrong? I didn't look up which sentences need treatment so I don't know.

You can make bug reports by using the link in green on top of the forum page. Then follow the instructions there, except you don't need to add logfiles or be all too specific about your hardware. But probably a list of all critical sentences you noticed might be helpful.

16 minutes ago, meganoth said:

While some people get triggered by any mention of other sexes nowadays, addressing a toon wrongly is a simple bug just like the wrong spelling of an ingame item or calling all guns pistols in the perk menue would be.

I agree

The thing is, my "masculine" character isn't really male, he's transgender. Transvestite. And I'd like to see him treated with "it." Why does this @%$#ing white male hetero merchant allow himself these sexist statements calling me a man?? I'm offended by that. I demand that the merchant be removed. And want steal a tape recorder from his shop

Edited by bachgaman (see edit history)

15 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

I agree

The thing is, my "masculine" character isn't really male, he's transgender. Transvestite. And I'd like to see him treated with "it." Why does this @%$#ing white male hetero merchant allow himself these sexist statements calling me a man?? I'm offended by that. I demand that the merchant be removed. And want steal a tape recorder from his shop

Well, but that is an omission in the character menue already because there is no option to select transgender there. Whatever you think your toon is really male.

But there is a secret recipe in the game to chemically change your toon. You can find it if you wrench up a few mines.

5 hours ago, meganoth said:

Well, but that is an omission in the character menue already because there is no option to select transgender there. Whatever you think your toon is really male.

But there is a secret recipe in the game to chemically change your toon. You can find it if you wrench up a few mines.

Thank you for your help, M.

1 hour ago, Kooyla said:

Thank you for your help, M.

This is something else : if i good remember voice acting is rly expensive. So "men" in this meaning can be recognized like homo sapiens . So in diffrent language it easier to translate it to something neutral - in english man mean race like man elf and  dwarf and gender male/female in polish for example you can say " kup to człowieku!" you can translate it as " buy it man" but you woudn't know a gender of this person.  But what i mean is that TFP isn't treyarch so they can just hire someone and create a lot of voice line - you need to record it well and implement it without bugs. They just need to focus on RWG ,fixing bugs etc so they don't have time to polishing  small details yey

2 hours ago, Matt115 said:

This is something else : if i good remember voice acting is rly expensive. So "men" in this meaning can be recognized like homo sapiens . So in diffrent language it easier to translate it to something neutral - in english man mean race like man elf and  dwarf and gender male/female in polish for example you can say " kup to człowieku!" you can translate it as " buy it man" but you woudn't know a gender of this person.  But what i mean is that TFP isn't treyarch so they can just hire someone and create a lot of voice line - you need to record it well and implement it without bugs. They just need to focus on RWG ,fixing bugs etc so they don't have time to polishing  small details yey

Sure. But voice recording can happen at any time parallel to any work done on RWG, different people are involved in those tasks. And for TFP there is no immediate pressure to fix a new bug if it isn't critical. So it may get fixed eventually but I would rather bet on winning the lottery than on this bug being already fixed in A20 😉.

36 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Sure. But voice recording can happen at any time parallel to any work done on RWG, different people are involved in those tasks. And for TFP there is no immediate pressure to fix a new bug if it isn't critical. So it may get fixed eventually but I would rather bet on winning the lottery than on this bug being already fixed in A20 😉.

I was trying to say that is not a piority so it will be fixed maybe in A22 or A23 more likly

On 4/28/2021 at 10:44 AM, meganoth said:

What I meant was that because INTs own weapons still let you use your hands you already have lots of weapons for Intellect, i.e. all the weapons of other attributes are useable for an Intellect player as well.

If you are a strength player for example, it does not make much sense to have a pistol as well, because you can't use them both at the same time. But as INT player you can use your turrets AND and a shotgun at the same time.

ture ture. but...

Comeone! your telling me you would not want madmole to make a hub cap launcher to cut them zombies legs off.

plus they can get wacky with weapons. 

but i do understand
(flamethrower would still be sexy though)

That attributes are directly connected to specific weapons could use a relook and sanity check.

The fallout system did a pretty good job of making all attributes useful without hard linking them to a specific weapon type. 

I still don't understand why TFP went the way they did. 

11 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

ture ture. but...

Comeone! your telling me you would not want madmole to make a hub cap launcher to cut them zombies legs off.

plus they can get wacky with weapons. 

but i do understand
(flamethrower would still be sexy though)

I'm all for wacky. But what you suggested in your post were a "Spike rifle or a Junk rifle" and now flamethrower. Sorry to say this, but none of those weapons are really wacky. In actual handling a spike/junk rifle would be just a normal rifle, only ammo production would be slightly different. 

A hub cap mine launcher on the other hand would be a welcome addition to the INT line of weapons.

I like that INT plays so differently and people have to actually find out that they have to use guns from other attributes to get the most out of INT.

3 hours ago, Aldranon said:

That attributes are directly connected to specific weapons could use a relook and sanity check.

The fallout system did a pretty good job of making all attributes useful without hard linking them to a specific weapon type. 

I still don't understand why TFP went the way they did. 

The fallout system is so free you play it once until you have every skill maxed or until you played your favourite combo to death, then you have done everything the system offers. TFPs is an open class system that invites replays with a different perk focus. I don't want a fallout clone personally. Even though I liked fallout 3, I only played it once. Fallout 3's strong points are the quests, whithout them you get the desaster that was fallout 76.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

On 3/13/2021 at 8:11 PM, AndrewT said:

once the game goes gold. i know a mod creator whos already made a calibers mod for the vanilla guns but when the game goes gold he plans to make a gun mod that adds several guns that will either use the bullets already in the game or even the calibers from his already available mod

i think i know that person too

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

Well here's some of my ideas for the Intellect weapons. fight me!

Intellect weapons do not used bullets, due to resources being rare out in the wasteland. Some people who have the brains made weapons that uses Junk ammo that is so easy to find, that anyone with hands can make it! 

these models are not mine they are just examples!

Tier 0/1: Junk Rifle: This rifle uses air that is added when you Pump the lever on the stock. you can Also hold the fire button to charge the shot to fire farther and faster!. you can load Junk rounds into it (All types). 
artem-osadchiy-mview-image20160520-32052-1h6drva.jpg.f129c8c7ba14669541a274abc801a2d4.jpg 
Tier 2: Shredder. This is a Full Auto version of the Junk rifle But its Able to uses Nails and Junkammo. With the Junk ammo it fires at a Light Fullauto, but with the Nails it sprays them and can give a bleeding effect! 
DFDrFDmXoAAKbqS.thumb.jpg.4500460b9438c5b6fa69493e0f332c9d.jpg
Tier 3/1: RailGun. This is a Super Junkrifle! its able to fire all Junkrounds, Nails, Crossbow bolts, and Darts!, due to the Battery charging it makes the ammo Move MUCH  Faster! and due to the compressed air it MOVE FASTER as well. With Junk ammo and nails. it can fighter at full auto but once you load a Dart then it likes a 50.cal in both power and speed. but it does take time to charge up! best not to uses when on the move!

Volt_Driver_M2033_hud2.png.22f9432cb55d337d3322b0951f638008.png
Tier 3/2: Hellbrunner: Able to act as a Flamethrower but also a Fireball Launcher! the fire balls are smaller then molotovs in terms of their explosion but still leave fire on the ground to burn them zombies! it uses Gas duhh! and the flamethrower helps to burn zombies with its flame belch! you can expand the ammo size with the small or large gastank! 
Wolf2_Dieselkraftwerk.thumb.png.da680cc7a1b888d0ade130b2a68acf7a.png

NOOOOOOOOO!! Better is to add rly intelect weapons as artilery weapons like 1. tier catapult 2 tier trembuchets 3 tier mortar 4 tier howitzer you now : calculater trajectory range etc

Just now, Matt115 said:

NOOOOOOOOO!! Better is to add rly intelect weapons as artilery weapons like 1. tier catapult 2 tier trembuchets 3 tier mortar 4 tier howitzer you now : calculater trajectory range etc

well.... i hate to break this to you but,,,

How the hell would you carry that?

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

I'm all for wacky. But what you suggested in your post were a "Spike rifle or a Junk rifle" and now flamethrower. Sorry to say this, but none of those weapons are really wacky. In actual handling a spike/junk rifle would be just a normal rifle, only ammo production would be slightly different. 

A hub cap mine launcher on the other hand would be a welcome addition to the INT line of weapons.

I like that INT plays so differently and people have to actually find out that they have to use guns from other attributes to get the most out of INT.

alright,... ill be back

12 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

well.... i hate to break this to you but,,,

How the hell would you carry that?

alright,... ill be back

well you can keep truck in your pocket right? so just put mortar on the ground : achtung ! feuer! and again put in  your pocket and go into your WW1 journey

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

2 hours ago, meganoth said:

I'm all for wacky.

Angry grumbing

Ok Part 2. the other one is gone so... yeah!

Tier 0: Junk rifle: same role as the other one but with mods like simi auto or full auto you can change the fire rate! The point of the Junk rifle is to uses some more of the "off branded ammo" stuff like junk ammo (all types), Nails at a full auto rate and Darts.. example. darts can be charged up by holding the shoot button (whatever it is for you if you are a weirdo). 

it would uses compressed air to fire, even though it uses air! its pretty loud! 

tier 1: Hubcap Launcher: What if you got a crossbow, some hubcaps, some old parts and a pinch of Insanity? well you get the hubcap launcher! if you are a Loser you just place Hubcaps as deco sense you can't uses them for mines anymore! Well what if you Slap them bad boys in a large crossbow fliger thingy! it can have 1 shot but can added more to the "Mag" its just gravity that brings them down. the thing about these though due to their shape, when fired out they move to a point where instead of a blunt object. it basically turns into a Flying Saw Blade. if you don't like that zombie running at you? just shoot its legs and cap it i the head! it can even go though other targets.  OR if you don't like your hands! you can load a Hubcap mine to throw it at a zombie as a Poor man's grenade launcher! make sure your not too closes though 

Tier 2: Hell bringer: What if you made a flamethrower but its NOT a flamethrower but instead it was a goo launcher? no? well too bad!  this weapon is a chemist best friend! with a Mix of special blends you are able to do many things with it!

• Goorot: this goo blend is a mix of Acid, Paint, oil and glue. this acid makes a small greenish red goo puddle that basically makes zombies fall apart like legos! there legs may break off, there heads, there arms, or they can just be a Disabled to the point where they can't move! it works well too agesnt cars as well! 

• Goo-brun: this Harsh blend makes you not love to smell Napalm! this stuff is fire but on another level! it fires out like a fireball but it lingers on the ground longer then a Molotov but its much smaller. Oh and the fire burns longer :D

• Goo-turn: A Smell that is so bad it would make them zombies smell like roses! this smell makes other zombies attack another due to the smell! if you shoot say a solder, all the other zombies will attack them but they will get the goo too! and it will repeat! this blend though takes awhile to make and its hard to make!

• Goo-tar: it acts like a Slipping slide! it can slow down zombie movement and can even Make them fall and ragdoll! or it can even Stun the zombies and they will be stuck until the goo is gone, this is the easiest one to make!      

• gas: this just turns it into a flamethrower and uses gasoline!
    (all of this is in the ammo section)

tier 3: Telza Rifle:  Have you Ever tried to do the Urge to kill with arm? OR HANDS! OR ANYTHING OTHER THAN A BREAD SLOT! Well its not that bad. but this Bad boy uses A car battery as ammo and depending on the durability, it will add more or less ammo  ! When you Change the ammo type instead you will get a % 

depending on what you set it too, well change how it works

• 25%: this is a more lethal then a Taser but no were near useless! it does DPS with electricity and able to stun a target right in front of you and it you get a buff when you hit them with a Stun baton (Instacharge!) mu

• 50%: this has a Light chain that will slow down the target a bit less but will deal electrical damage DPS. does well against armored enemies

• 75%: Fires a Large arch that is shorter range but does alot of damage, it makes them move a tad bit slower but that's not the point! it does heavy shock damage and can even set the target on FIRE! but its low chance!

• 100% Deals more damage to the gun and Uses ALOT of power and the gun makes a Loud *Hummmmmmmmmmm* sound so if you think your sneaky... your not and expect company. rather then a Arch!  it shoots a Small ball of energy that does a LOT OF DAMAGE! but even with a level 6 battery. you may have 6 shots.... better make it count! 

Side things.

Decoy bomb: this acts as a time Pipe bomb but it lures zombies to it then it will go BOOM!. its much Harder to make and needs time to prime. 

34 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

well you can keep truck in your pocket right? so just put mortar on the ground : achtung ! feuer! and again put in  your pocket and go into your WW1 journey

so a PLATA?

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

20 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Ok Part 2. the other one is gone so... yeah!

Tier 0: Junk rifle: same role as the other one but with mods like simi auto or full auto you can change the fire rate! The point of the Junk rifle is to uses some more of the "off branded ammo" stuff like junk ammo (all types), Nails at a full auto rate and Darts.. example. darts can be charged up by holding the shoot button (whatever it is for you if you are a weirdo). 

it would uses compressed air to fire, even though it uses air! its pretty loud! 

tier 1: Hubcap Launcher: What if you got a crossbow, some hubcaps, some old parts and a pinch of Insanity? well you get the hubcap launcher! if you are a Loser you just place Hubcaps as deco sense you can't uses them for mines anymore! Well what if you Slap them bad boys in a large crossbow fliger thingy! it can have 1 shot but can added more to the "Mag" its just gravity that brings them down. the thing about these though due to their shape, when fired out they move to a point where instead of a blunt object. it basically turns into a Flying Saw Blade. if you don't like that zombie running at you? just shoot its legs and cap it i the head! it can even go though other targets.  OR if you don't like your hands! you can load a Hubcap mine to throw it at a zombie as a Poor man's grenade launcher! make sure your not too closes though 

Tier 2: Hell bringer: What if you made a flamethrower but its NOT a flamethrower but instead it was a goo launcher? no? well too bad!  this weapon is a chemist best friend! with a Mix of special blends you are able to do many things with it!

• Goorot: this goo blend is a mix of Acid, Paint, oil and glue. this acid makes a small greenish red goo puddle that basically makes zombies fall apart like legos! there legs may break off, there heads, there arms, or they can just be a Disabled to the point where they can't move! it works well too agesnt cars as well! 

• Goo-brun: this Harsh blend makes you not love to smell Napalm! this stuff is fire but on another level! it fires out like a fireball but it lingers on the ground longer then a Molotov but its much smaller. Oh and the fire burns longer :D

• Goo-turn: A Smell that is so bad it would make them zombies smell like roses! this smell makes other zombies attack another due to the smell! if you shoot say a solder, all the other zombies will attack them but they will get the goo too! and it will repeat! this blend though takes awhile to make and its hard to make!

• Goo-tar: it acts like a Slipping slide! it can slow down zombie movement and can even Make them fall and ragdoll! or it can even Stun the zombies and they will be stuck until the goo is gone, this is the easiest one to make!      

• gas: this just turns it into a flamethrower and uses gasoline!
    (all of this is in the ammo section)

tier 3: Telza Rifle:  Have you Ever tried to do the Urge to kill with arm? OR HANDS! OR ANYTHING OTHER THAN A BREAD SLOT! Well its not that bad. but this Bad boy uses A car battery as ammo and depending on the durability, it will add more or less ammo  ! When you Change the ammo type instead you will get a % 

depending on what you set it too, well change how it works

• 25%: this is a more lethal then a Taser but no were near useless! it does DPS with electricity and able to stun a target right in front of you and it you get a buff when you hit them with a Stun baton (Instacharge!) mu

• 50%: this has a Light chain that will slow down the target a bit less but will deal electrical damage DPS. does well against armored enemies

• 75%: Fires a Large arch that is shorter range but does alot of damage, it makes them move a tad bit slower but that's not the point! it does heavy shock damage and can even set the target on FIRE! but its low chance!

• 100% Deals more damage to the gun and Uses ALOT of power and the gun makes a Loud *Hummmmmmmmmmm* sound so if you think your sneaky... your not and expect company. rather then a Arch!  it shoots a Small ball of energy that does a LOT OF DAMAGE! but even with a level 6 battery. you may have 6 shots.... better make it count! 

Side things.

Decoy bomb: this acts as a time Pipe bomb but it lures zombies to it then it will go BOOM!. its much Harder to make and needs time to prime. 

so a PLATA?

Tier 0 : it sound's like  idea for volksgewehr but with nails

tier 1 : hl ravenholm in nutsell XD

tier 2 :  just add M202 FLASH - Wikipedia

tier 3 : No. It 7 dtd not wolfenstein  . How you would add a WW2 german bunker in USA?! Railgun? okay . Cremator gun? Vietnam vibs . But no chance for tesla! 

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

4 hours ago, meganoth said:

The fallout system is so free you play it once until you have every skill maxed or until you played your favourite combo to death, then you have done everything the system offers. TFPs is an open class system that invites replays with a different perk focus. I don't want a fallout clone personally. Even though I liked fallout 3, I only played it once. Fallout 3's strong points are the quests, whithout them you get the desaster that was fallout 76

Well, I guess we disagree then.  

2 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Tier 0 : it sound's like  idea for volksgewehr but with nails

tier 1 : hl ravenholm in nutsell XD

tier 2 :  just add M202 FLASH - Wikipedia

tier 3 : No. It 7 dtd not wolfenstein  . How you would add a WW2 german bunker in USA?! Railgun? okay . Cremator gun? Vietnam vibs . But no chance for tesla! 

hmmmmmmmm
*mubbing*

and tier 2 is better imo then just a flamethrower