Possible bug: POI quest resets after reload (Navesgane; single player)

walkingwounded

I did a cursory search and did not see this in the known bugs list or this forum, so...

I have on two occasions had to save and exit mid way through a POI quest (retrieval or clearing) and when I reloaded the save the quest was reset.  By reset I mean the rally point marker is back like I never activated it before the save/exit.  I know I activated it before the save/exit the last time, so it wasn't like I was doing a dry-run/double loot pass or anything.  The good news is it did not 'fail' the quest, so I was not too upset, just a bit of extra time was needed and I got more loot, but I can see this being a problem for the longer POI's (save and exit, reload...and swear).

I suspect whatever variable that indicates the rally point was activated (quest stage number maybe) gets lost during the save process.

To reproduce: you should be able to activate a rally marker, enter the POI, save, exit, reload and find the rally marker active again.

Possible workaround: finish a POI to at least the 'return to trader' stage (although I admit I've managed to make it to the trader to turn it in before having to save and exit.

That’s not a bug.  If you leave the game before you complete the quest, it resets.

What I have done for Tier 5 quests is activate the quest and only do the quest objectives (clear or clear and find).  No looting.  That improves my chances of completing the quest before having to leave the game.  Then once it show return to trader , I can quit the game and loot at my leisure.

Okay, now I know it is a design feature and not a defect.  I can see this being necessary for multiplayer, but was unsure if the rule were relaxed for single player or not.

I've been getting in the habit of speed running through the clearing/finding, then backtracking to loot, just so I can make it back to base before 2200.  Also, now that I know this is normal I can factor this in for my play schedule to avoid a long repeat.

Archived