[Modlet REQUEST] Disable trees and grass animations.And decreasing value of trees and grass on map.

Kudesnik27

I ask about decreasing trees count on map to 50% and grass count to 20%. And disable trees and grass animations.All of them.(to they do not move at all).Or move less.
I think Its be simle but FPS increasing tweak and in same time change wood  position from brainless resouce.( i just do know how to do it)

ppl with not so strong PC say thank you.I will be among them.

6 hours ago, Kudesnik27 said:

I ask about decreasing trees count on map to 50% and grass count to 20%. And disable trees and grass animations.All of them.(to they do not move at all).Or move less.
I think Its be simle but FPS increasing tweak and in same time change wood  position from brainless resouce.( i just do know how to do it)

ppl with not so strong PC say thank you.I will be among them.

https://7daystodiemods.com/less-grass/

https://7daystodiemods.com/less-clutter-in-biomes/

On 11/6/2020 at 10:40 AM, Kudesnik27 said:

Ty @CrazyAluminum Only switch off animations of trees and gras still needed

I don' think you can change the tree/grass animations easily as they are likely baked into the blocks, and are not configurable properties. 

Trees: The only thing I can think of that would be "easily do-able" would be to generate a map using the Nitrogen too that has very few trees and/or no Forest/Snow biomes.  An alternate solution (and it would be a bit of work) would be to replace most of the tree references in biomes.xml with "small" (less leaves to animate?) or "bare" trees (like you see in the burnt forest), so the map won't have as many moving trees on it.  If you use a Forest biome it may look odd though, with all the dead/leafless trees.

Grass: No option I can think of other than what @CrazyAluminummentioned.

it is not only the leaves that adds lag, but player planted trees growing add a lot of it. I will certainly give it a try replacing the trees for some sort of sticks and try setting wind to zero. But there surely should be some kind of "gfx disable tree animation" ))) But I guess it is something debug only feature for devs))

Archived