Armor - Crit Resist?

SxR

What is Critical Resist on Armor? Why is it negative values?

I understand that Armor Rating and Explosion Rating are positive things, and you want to get the highest possible, but what is this "Critical Resist -4%" on armor? Should I be getting the lowest possible? EG, the same armor, but with -3%?

This was discussed recently and the only thing we know for sure is that -3% is better than -6%.

My theory based on this was that your crit resistance is 100% + all those negative values of the armor, and an empty slot has probably -10 or -8%. If you don armor the empty slot value is replaced by the armors value. So without armor you would have maybe 50% crit resistance while a full set of -3% steel armor would get you up to 85% crit resistance

you can test a bit with armors in the "extended character stats menu" which i just did cause i was wondering about armor crit resist aswell.

No armor gives you 0 Armor crit resist, and every piece of armor gives you 10 armor crit resist minus the value thats depicted in the stat screen. So an armor with -3 crit resist would give you 7. Its confusing, but thats how it is, guess that makes 35% crit resist the max,  Level 6 steel armor can have it, but i have yet to see an armor part that has 15 armor AND -3 crit resist, its always 14 armor -3 crit, or 15 armor -4 crit, maybe i was not lucky enough yet, or you can only have the best value in one.

18 minutes ago, Araxyllis said:

you can test a bit with armors in the "extended character stats menu" which i just did cause i was wondering about armor crit resist aswell.

No armor gives you 0 Armor crit resist, and every piece of armor gives you 10 armor crit resist minus the value thats depicted in the stat screen. So an armor with -3 crit resist would give you 7. Its confusing, but thats how it is, guess that makes 35% crit resist the max,  Level 6 steel armor can have it, but i have yet to see an armor part that has 15 armor AND -3 crit resist, its always 14 armor -3 crit, or 15 armor -4 crit, maybe i was not lucky enough yet, or you can only have the best value in one.

Nice info.... but man, that seems needlessly complicated.  

Archived