Distraction items

UmbraAnimo

as the tool tips talk about you can use small stones or snowballs to distract zombies. but for the most part stones won't be something your going to carry around more so when your not using stone tools/weapons. and snowballs are location specific if your in the desert or anywhere but the snow biome your not going to have snowballs. so why not give more options. Cans filled with stones could make a great noise maker (and be a useful trap to alert you of zombies or other sneaky foes) if you got gunpowder or maybe black powder (early gunpowder) make fire crackers like dying light. or small elcetric noise makers as more final teir distraction. 

On 9/27/2020 at 12:52 AM, UmbraAnimo said:

but for the most part stones won't be something your going to carry around

Yes.

On 9/27/2020 at 12:52 AM, UmbraAnimo said:

Cans filled with stones could make a great noise maker

[...]

make fire crackers like dying light.

[...]

or small elcetric noise makers as more final teir distraction. 

So your complaint is, nobody wants to carry around stones after stone age, but your solution is to introduce different new items, you think anybody wants to carry around anyway, but not stones?

3 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Yes.

So your complaint is, nobody wants to carry around stones after stone age, but your solution is to introduce different new items, you think anybody wants to carry around anyway, but not stones?

One not a complaint. just a thought once I am done with stone age tools I don't carry them with me. so I never end up using their distraction capacity. I thought maybe louder distraction items that could make more noise and call more zombie to a area for whatever reason would be worth looking in to. stones in a tin can is going to make more noise then throwing a rock at a wooden house fire crackers are a small explosion. and you got what is a handheld alarm to throw. you could do many things with them like call a hoard on a rivel group of NPCS or call a nearby hoard to a trap you set.  

Archived