MoreContainers v2.1 (Alpha 21)

Ericbeaudoin

Beat mod ever. Hands down. For some reason it’s stopped working though, I’m devastated. I’ve stuck with Alpha 20.0 because it didn’t seem to work with 20.1 and this mod is more important than new game features. All my containers are still there, I just don’t have the option to add new ones (except for the awfully limited selection offered by FP). I’ve tried updating, went back to 20.0, reinstalled mod, nothing worked. 
merit:so, use storage containers now, not wooden furniture? This has made my day. 

Edited by Patz171
New info (see edit history)

On 3/12/2022 at 4:18 PM, Patz171 said:

Beat mod ever. Hands down. For some reason it’s stopped working though, I’m devastated. I’ve stuck with Alpha 20.0 because it didn’t seem to work with 20.1 and this mod is more important than new game features. All my containers are still there, I just don’t have the option to add new ones (except for the awfully limited selection offered by FP). I’ve tried updating, went back to 20.0, reinstalled mod, nothing worked. 
merit:so, use storage containers now, not wooden furniture? This has made my day. 

Yea, the new version use Storage Containers since the old wooden furniture didn't include the vanilla storage box. I had to create a new Storage Boxes item. The boxes themselves should not have stopped working, but if you destroy them, it's a Storage Boxes item that will be put in your inventory rather then the Wooden Furniture item.

Hopefully everything works now with Alpha 20.3. If you still  have issues, let me know and I'm glad you like the mod :-).

Edited by Ericbeaudoin (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey there, hopefully you're still active!! This mod doesn't seem to work with Quick Stack I'm hoping you might be able to give me some guidance on how I could fix it, or if you could. It seems to do with the properties of the new boxes and not being recognized as storage crates... Any ideas?

Thanks and I love your mod!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2023 at 12:02 PM, hexgirl38 said:

Is there going to be an update for A21? I really like this mod.

More container was updated for A21. I just forgot to post here about it. I fix that.

On 7/20/2023 at 5:02 AM, Dark_Shadow_231 said:

I agree, we need more shapes and icon designs for containers.

I don't understand why TFP coded it so this is so difficult.

I haven't checked the mod improvement for Alpha 21, but the problem is that, as far as I know, it's not possible to add a new pain texture to the game and it is also not possible to mod in  a paintable shape.

Each variant of the containers is a separate Unity with its own texture. This makes adding new icons quite a bit tedious.

That being said, if you have some requests, I'll see if I can remember how to use Gimp and Unity to add new ones.

• Ericbeaudoin changed the title to MoreContainers v2.0 (Alpha 21)
  • 5 weeks later...
On 8/20/2023 at 5:18 AM, Scomar said:

Nice work, i did a german translation for your Mod.

The Localization can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EtNuA9JvooUTOrf_GuNmAMU-49fMVxyl/view?usp=sharing

Feel free to include it to your mod.

Greetings Scomar

@Scomar Thanks for that. I'll see how I can integrate these into the mod. I've never done any localization for mods yet.

Should I use Scomar for credit?

Edit: I just saw that it is dead simple to add your localization. I'll put a new release as soon I have some spare time. Thx again. PS. I like how you put part of the description in a different colour. I might use that for the English version.

• Ericbeaudoin changed the title to MoreContainers v2.1 (Alpha 21)
On 8/27/2023 at 11:05 AM, Scomar said:

Yeah, its not difficult. Btw you can also use the download buttom and save my localization. so you dont need to copy and past. You can use Scomar for the translation credits :)

Version 2.1 is up with the German translation. Thanks again.

Edit: There appears to be a new validation process requiring approval for my first post's edit. Hopefully, that will be review soon.

Meanwhile, here's the new release page: https://github.com/Laotseu/7dtdMods/blob/master/README.md