Seeds and POIs

EeveeSaur

Hi! I'm fairly new to the game and have been experimenting with building and renovating houses in god mode. I was wondering if the same pois generate in the same seeds? I was looking for this particular house and when i loaded up the seed and went to the coords, the house wasn't there. Wasn't sure if the POIs are random despite having the same seed. Thank you! 

Hello, @EeveeSaur, welcome to te game and forums! The name that you put into the box when creating a RWG map is the seed name, that will determine how the world, including POIs, is created. The game name -- the one that you see from the continue game menu -- plays in part of creating the decorations (like trees, rocks, etc.). If you ever forget, press F1 to open the console and then type in: dbs   That will bring up a box (pressing OK makes a screenshot) that will tell you your seed and game name.

2 hours ago, Jugginator said:

Hello, @EeveeSaur, welcome to te game and forums! The name that you put into the box when creating a RWG map is the seed name, that will determine how the world, including POIs, is created. The game name -- the one that you see from the continue game menu -- plays in part of creating the decorations (like trees, rocks, etc.). If you ever forget, press F1 to open the console and then type in: dbs   That will bring up a box (pressing OK makes a screenshot) that will tell you your seed and game name.

Thank you! But I'm still a little unsure from my original question. Do the exact same POIs generate in the same seeds? Meaning. If i see a youtuber come across a certain POI and i take the seed that he's using, will i be able to find that same exact POI?

Assuming clients are the same version, yes.   If you're watching an older vid, even from a previous a19 client, it may not generate exactly the same.  For example a map made in b179 compared to a map made in b180. They will likely have the same terrain layout, but the POI's will be located differently. However a map made in b173 will look nothing like the other two.

16 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Assuming clients are the same version, yes.   If you're watching an older vid, even from a previous a19 client, it may not generate exactly the same.  For example a map made in b179 compared to a map made in b180. They will likely have the same terrain layout, but the POI's will be located differently. However a map made in b173 will look nothing like the other two.

How do i change that? I realized im in b180 and the video i referred to was b152.

Archived