Tool Block Damage Variability?

ForumUser#7

So I crafted a T5 pick to replace my T4 one, but noticed that the T5 does 44 block damage while the T4 does 51. The T5 does have higher durability and one more melee damage. Is this intended? The T4 does significantly more block damage than the T5. Looking in the creative menu, though, the T4s generated there are either 41 or 42 block damage. The T5s in the creative menu are 47/48. Yes, I made sure to remove the mods I put on the T4. I'm not sure what the stats on the T4 were when I crafted. Do tools get better as you use them? Or is this just a case of RNG?

20200822212446_1.jpg

In the game looted items and crafted items get random stats. The creative menu shows the average but when in game you will get values higher or lower than the average. So... you could craft another pickaxe and hope that one would have higher stats.

You probably got a bad batch of ore for that one....

14 minutes ago, Roland said:

In the game looted items and crafted items get random stats. The creative menu shows the average but when in game you will get values higher or lower than the average. So... you could craft another pickaxe and hope that one would have higher stats.

You probably got a bad batch of ore for that one....

I had a feeling it was an average. Ah well, they're not too expensive.

Yeahhhhh I hope eventually the values on these get normalized to some degree. I like the randomized stats, lets you have a bit of excitement when you loot stuff, but there's too much overlap between levels. I've found level 3 stuff that only has like 1-2 less points of damage than level 5 stuff, and I've found level 4 stuff with better stats than level 6 stuff.

1 hour ago, Teacyn said:

Yeahhhhh I hope eventually the values on these get normalized to some degree. I like the randomized stats, lets you have a bit of excitement when you loot stuff, but there's too much overlap between levels. I've found level 3 stuff that only has like 1-2 less points of damage than level 5 stuff, and I've found level 4 stuff with better stats than level 6 stuff.

TFP like it the way it is.

Archived