Vehicle Madness for A21

Ragsy 2145

4 hours ago, Body Builder said:

This Mod was amazing! I hope you will update it soon! ^^

Its going to take a while but it is in progress for A21 .

2 hours ago, Genma said:

Just need a bicycle with a shopping cart pulled behind it for extra storage!

ha ha yeah that would be interesting .

Regards

Ragsy!!

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, My buddy and I just started using this mod and are really wanting to enjoy it. the problem is we cannot find wire cutters or electrical wire anywhere, we have searched every trash bag, dumpster, garbage pile we can think of. We even looked in working stiffs and the electrical store and found absolutely nothing. are we doing something wrong here because we want to use the mod but can't because of this issue.

We have been testing out this mod for hours and still have not found any wire cutters or electrical wires anywhere. We have searched every trashcan, bag or pile we could find or think of and have come up with nothing. our only 2 options are to go into creative mode and spawn them in or burn this mod off our list. Really sucks because there are some dope vehicle on here but we can build anything so we can enjoy it. Would probably redownload if problem got fixed though.  

5 hours ago, FatalGlitch89 said:

We have been testing out this mod for hours and still have not found any wire cutters or electrical wires anywhere. We have searched every trashcan, bag or pile we could find or think of and have come up with nothing. our only 2 options are to go into creative mode and spawn them in or burn this mod off our list. Really sucks because there are some dope vehicle on here but we can build anything so we can enjoy it. Would probably redownload if problem got fixed though.  

The mod has been out in A20 format for about 18 months and had a few hotfixes along the way ,   I did fix loot probabilities for the smaller essentials ?    Not had any others saying they cant find the stuff after those fixes and thats going back over a year in time .   You may have other mods conflicting with Vehicle Madness maybe.

The new A21 version is currently under playtest atm ,   so far no issues with finding parts for the repair/restoration tools.  

Regards

Ragsy

11 hours ago, Vilesyde said:

is this out for a21 yet? in any capacity, testing or otherwise? would love to give it a go on my game, hard to play without the world filled with so many vehicles, man it adds depth. love your work

We are not far away from a experimental test version as Internal testing is looking good so far but theres bound to be something not 100% with first testing release lol

I have no external testers at present as was not going to ask until we finish internal testing,  I will let you know as soon as we finish the testing sessions.

Regards

Ragsy !!

On 8/20/2023 at 12:43 PM, Ragsy 2145 said:

We are not far away from a experimental test version as Internal testing is looking good so far but theres bound to be something not 100% with first testing release lol

I have no external testers at present as was not going to ask until we finish internal testing,  I will let you know as soon as we finish the testing sessions.

Regards

Ragsy !!

DM me when you get to the external testing phase. I like puzzling through bugs, and I've been missing this mod.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Delayed due to a really really random bug with VM in A21  ....  currently trying to resolve the issue so hopefully will be out before A22 drops .

Ragsy!!

How much reworking do you guys anticipate will be required for A22?

I understand that we have no code for A22 so the answer is most likely "I have absolutely no idea", just wondering if you would hazard a guess at how much relevant code TFP's updating of the vanilla vehicles will touch.

Obviously I'm curious because it's possible VM will need an update again very soon after the A21 update drops! And it seems like you're not certain if that will happen yourself!

8 hours ago, vergilsparda said:

How badly broken is the current state of the mod? I'm itching to play 7 Days again and I can't without this mod, it's a staple. I'll gladly take it in its broken state if it's not too bad, lol

Well it appears to be ok after changing a few things ....  so a few smaller issues to resolve and will release as Experimental in the next few days . 

I appreciate all the kind words about Vehicle Madness and I was reacting in my post about the 'delay' out of frustration after all the work to get it changed over to A21.

Like many other modders have found this alpha changeover has been a challenge to say the least.

Regards

Ragsy!!

15 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Well it appears to be ok after changing a few things ....  so a few smaller issues to resolve and will release as Experimental in the next few days .

I appreciate all the kind words about Vehicle Madness and I was reacting in my post about the 'delay' out of frustration after all the work to get it changed over to A21.

Like many other modders have found this alpha changeover has been a challenge to say the least.

Regards

Ragsy!!

thank you for such a quick response! I'm glad that everything worked out; even though I don't do a lot of in-depth modding, I can totally understand the frustration of something going wrong lol. it has been a challenge moving from alphas. hopefully it won't be too bad with future releases.

looking forward to finally getting to play this version of VM, whatever bugs are leftover and all! i can't wait. :D

• Ragsy 2145 changed the title to Vehicle Madness A21 Version Beta 3.0 (Experimental)
  • Ragsy 2145 changed the title to Vehicle Madness A21 Version Beta 3.0 (Experimental Ver 128b)

Vehicle Madness A21 Experimental Release v128b

Please bear in mind that this is an Experimetal release and is awork in progress still .

Also it is not tested yet with the SMX Hud by sirrillion ... the existing A20 patch may or may not work !

Beta 3.0 release feature changelog.

1. Added more vehicles to the total (Including 3 new vanilla shuttle busses to vehicle pool). Total now is Lots (67)
2. Vehicle spawning removed in this version as has become more problematic in later A20 versions and A21.
3. In light of the above added repairable bicycle block to find for early game and you will spawn in game with a bicycle restoration tool.
4. Added two small moped repairable blocks to spawns that can be restored if you collect the correct materials for the recipe and without any workbench requirements.
5. Added TFP Motorcycle repairable block to spawns that can be restored if you collect the correct materials for the recipe and the Restoration tool
   can be made in at the vanilla workbench when you get the required player skill level.
6. Added more vehicles to recipes
7. Added more repairable vehicle options to the world (now at 46).
6. Added additional seating via the mod option to a lot more of the vehicles in A21 (Seating Details in Entity Classes file).
9. Changed name of 'Repair tool' to 'Restoration Tool' to avoid confusion with vanilla repair kit.
10. Acid added to vehicle harvesting for Wasteland treasure perk as was missing in Beta2.0.
11. Added electrical wire to vehicle harvesting as you are gonna need lots of it.
12. All vehicles and wrecks have had a texture pass for the new A21 world lighting and unity updates to A21 physics and particle requirements.
13. All Vehicle Madness xml's updated to new A21 requirements.
14. Added lots more vehicle wreck options inc 6 new vanilla wrecks for harvesting (4x4 and Motorcyle Wrecks all 3 stages) Total now 140 variants.
15. Loot re-balance for new Alpha version (again loot amounts keeps changing per alpha point release so feedback appreciated).
16. Workbench compressor and vehicle lift added to recipes and can be crafted along with rachet(Ratchet)set if you cant find them in loot.
17. Removed the Tractor, Fire engine and forklift and replaced with new vehicles.
18. Removed blacked out windows from many vehicles where possible and replaced with clear/transparent /scratched / dirty windows.
19. Changed vehicle exit positions on a lot of vehicles to clear the body coliders on exit ...
20. Changed Physics on a few vehicles that were overly stiff suspensions and some have more roll on cornering e.g Big Vehicles.
21. Fixed a few vehicle placing issues where wheels were in ground on place or vehicle too high.
22. Recipe correction for Footpump, now requires a good battery and not a damaged one.
23. Repairables can be harvested for parts and are no longer fixed ornaments in game if you dont repair them .

Known Issue's

1. Textures on GTO wreck need improving  - ongoing

2. Interceptor Lights not working  - Fixed for next release

3. No Icons for some vehicle wrecks in creative menu  - ongoing

4. Military Wheels Texture no AO  - Fixed for next release

5. Buggy 2 no brake light  - Fixed for next release

6. Spiker headlight off center  - Fixed for next release

7 . Evo Lancer headlights not aligned fully to the body  - Fixed for next release

Regards

Ragsy!!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Updated status of fixes and known issues for the next release (see edit history)

On 9/28/2023 at 9:51 PM, Ragsy 2145 said:

Vehicle Madness A21 Experimental Release v128b

Please bear in mind that this is an Experimetal release and is awork in progress still .

Also it is not tested yet with the SMX Hud by sirrillion ... the existing A20 patch may or may not work !

Known Issue's

1. Textures on GTO wreck need improving  - ongoing

2. Interceptor Lights not working  - Fixed for next release

3. No Icons for some vehicle wrecks in creative menu  - ongoing

4. Military Wheels Texture no AO  - Fixed for next release

5. Buggy 2 no brake light  - Fixed for next release

6. Spiker headlight off center  - Fixed for next release

7 . Evo Lancer headlights not aligned fully to the body  - Fixed for next release

Regards

Ragsy!!

Any chance you could at least re-up the old fix for SMX? I'm running into the aformentioned issue with a null reference when trying to build a restoration kit.

Of course, an updated patch that definitely works for the current SMX would be even better, but as of now, even the old file seems to be down.

Thanks

rezaf

On 10/9/2023 at 8:34 PM, Ragsy 2145 said:

Link for the A20 patch ....  please let me know if this works .   If not I will have to speak with Sirrilion and get a working update .

https://gitlab.com/Ragsy2145/ragsy-a20-modlets/-/blob/main/ZMXuiCPVMPatch.zip?ref_type=heads

Regards

Ragsy !!

After changing the version tag in the mod.xml, it at least appears to work.

I can now build the restoration kits and tried repairing a car with it - that worked as well.

Thanks. :)

3 hours ago, rezaf said:

After changing the version tag in the mod.xml, it at least appears to work.

I can now build the restoration kits and tried repairing a car with it - that worked as well.

Thanks. :)

Thats good to hear ...I will update the SMX patch then and upload it when I release the new version of Vehicle Madness with the fixes to known issues above.   The new version wont break the game save as only unity files have been updated so will push that in next day or so . 

regards

Ragsy !!