Traders

Maharin

Would it be possible to have quests to fix their broken crafting stations?  Seems sad to have them remain permanently in the state they begin the game in (usually broken).  Been a while but I don't think there is a way to do this even with mods currently?

Seems it would be nice to be able to repair any broken crafting station you find in the wild.  I'm sure there would be a way to mod this in.  Probably by creating a special broken version that can get upgraded to a working version?  But then the POIs would all have to be changed to use the repairable version, correct?

It does seem odd the trader workstations are so often broken.  I get having them all working and free to use is kind of an easy button, but I had an idea on how to get around this.

First, charge a fee to use them.

Second, any materials and/or items left overnight are lost to the player.  

So you could use them to quickly craft things in the early game before you can build your own, but you couldn't, for example, smelt stacks and stacks of iron in a forge or bulk craft thousands of rounds of ammo.  You'd have to carefully manage your use of them.

Archived