Lag and Freezing

dwarfdragont

Since the last update (b169) I'm still having a issue with lag on b173, I have verified the data of the game on steam, I have made my gtx the primary graphics card in my nividia settings an no matter what setting I have it one from lowest to ultra it runs smooth an then lags out. I noticed it did this when I was going into new locations, walking to building (runs smooth inside of poi) and when outside running around. It is acting like the last update where everything is loading in items and zombies, idk what to do to fix it, here is my specs to.

Intel(R) Core i7-7700hq cpu @ 2.80ghz
GTX  1050 gddr5 @ 4.0 gb
1861gb hd
15.9gb ram

1 hour ago, dwarfdragont said:

I have it downloaded on my external hard drive an my res was default at 1920x1080 resolution an 50 view load. Idk why it's messing up now start of 19 it was fine. I'll try to lower the res an view an see how that does. 

External hard drives are a very bad idea because of the slow data transfer speeds. They typically are worse than a platter drive, even if they are SSD's.

On 8/2/2020 at 12:31 AM, SylenThunder said:

External hard drives are a very bad idea because of the slow data transfer speeds. They typically are worse than a platter drive, even if they are SSD's.

Unless it's USB 3.0 or better, in which case there'd be no speed reduction unless it was an SSD.

But ya, I'm seeing a lot of possible reasons for the lag issues you're getting. A lot of it just points to the fact that your laptop barely meets the game's requirements, and the fact that it's a laptop.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I'm kicking myself for this laptop, looking into the specs of this think more and finding out what I know for ex the cpu the i7 is a moble cpu in this dang thing.  Now I'm getting the orange screen of death now. looking into a good budget pc, thinking of looking into the 3100 for my cpu would look into the 33x but they are all sold out. Any tips would be great I'm new to building a pc.

Archived