Does Horde night reset if you log out and back in before morning?

Moved over from the Xbox to the PC for now until a blessed update finally comes to the console version(this comment is meant to be supportive and positive towards TFP) and just had something odd happen. I had logged off 10 minutes before morning because I had to run out and do an errand. I logged back in today to play during lunch and got ganked by the horde that I had wiped out previously. Basically I had finished off the horde and grabbed some loot bags before going and stopping somewhere I thought was safe. When I logged back in I had a Moe immediately beat on me and then the pain train came with him. Not a complaint or anything just curious if I am correct about the horde resetting or not. This is Alpha 18 for verson purposes.

Yep, it does. Had it happen to me again recently (forgot about this mechanic), but luckily I was equipped for a ground fight and it was only 10 in game minutes to dawn anyways. Easy extra XP!

6 minutes ago, Hrod Land said:

Yep, it does. Had it happen to me again recently (forgot about this mechanic), but luckily I was equipped for a ground fight and it was only 10 in game minutes to dawn anyways. Easy extra XP!

Well I chalk it up as a learning experience then and I had to restart with a fresh game(Playing Permadeath). Ironically I am started close to where I was in the previous game now. 

This happened to my wife and I not long ago, we knew about the issue, just spaced it because of whatever it was that made us log out.

Horde night, I don't remember which, nearly ran us out of ammo. We cleaned up as we usually do, i.e, loot bags and any dog corpses still around, did a little repairs and then headed home (we build our horde base a couple hundred meters away from where we spend most of our time). Like I said, i don't remember what made us log out at this point, but when we started the game back up we heard the horde coming! With no time to prepare, we both ran outside and kited/melee'd everything until the sun came up an hour (game time) later. When it was all said and done, we were out of ammo and I turned to my wife and said "That was fun! Let's do it again sometime!" She flipped me off :)

Archived