no place to report a bug?

demoman3955

so i tried to find a place to report a bug or glitch and couldnt, so here we are.  I like the bug im having, but its only fair i share it with anyone and everyone.  I normally start a new game just to get used to it, and then delete it and start one im going to play a while. so 19 comes out and i start my first new game, and i find 2 books that are the same and the book is listed as having 2 in the stack. i read it and i end up with one left over that is shown as read, and can be sold to the trader. Im pretty sure its not supposed to be the case, and thats why im here. That being said, if i buy a book in real life, it wont vanish after being read, and i can even sell it, so im not too worried about this issue at all but have not seen others have this issue.

55 minutes ago, demoman3955 said:

i read it and i end up with one left over that is shown as read, and can be sold to the trader. Im pretty sure its not supposed to be the case, and thats why im here.

That is in fact working as intended. Books in 7D2D disappear when they are read. It helps control supply and demand a bit, since you can't trade one book around to your whole party. Realistic? Maybe not. Or maybe these post-apocalyptic books are so ratty and nearly-disintegrated that they barely survive one person turning the pages before they fall apart. Or maybe you really really like sniper books and now the pages are stuck together. Who knows?

5 hours ago, demoman3955 said:

so i tried to find a place to report a bug or glitch and couldnt, so here we are.  I like the bug im having, but its only fair i share it with anyone and everyone.  I normally start a new game just to get used to it, and then delete it and start one im going to play a while. so 19 comes out and i start my first new game, and i find 2 books that are the same and the book is listed as having 2 in the stack. i read it and i end up with one left over that is shown as read, and can be sold to the trader. Im pretty sure its not supposed to be the case, and thats why im here. That being said, if i buy a book in real life, it wont vanish after being read, and i can even sell it, so im not too worried about this issue at all but have not seen others have this issue.

The reason you are getting 2 of the same book is you have your loot set to 200%. Loot percent affects the amount you get of stackable items. Books are stackable. You were "supposed" to get 1 book so 200% loot means you get 2 books. For some reason, the 200% loot setting didn't seem to affect everything in a18, like bird nests and books. It did work that way in 17 and does again now.

You can do whatever you want with the second book. Read it again for a bit more exp, scrap it for paper to make shotgun shells/blunderbuss ammo, or sell it to the trader.

This is not a bug.

5 hours ago, demoman3955 said:

hummm ill have to find out how my setting got changed next time i play. The only setting i messed with were the video setting to try to remove some bad lag, but who knows. thanks for the help.

To be clear, did you find two books in the same container? I interpreted your OP as only that, over the course of looting in your new game, you found 2 of the same book (different containers) and were wondering a) if they were supposed to stack in inventory and b) should one of them disappear when you read it. Answer to both is "yes."

If you actually found a stack of 2 books in the same container, that could be what katarynna is talking about.

Archived