Level & book reset

Glyfos

Hey guys!

I now A19 is unstable, but we didn't got any problem since we began a server, but today, 2/4 of the player got their level & learned book reset.
That's kind of annoying, the zombie counter was right, the inventory and else too. Do you know if this issue often occurs?

Thanks!

Various types of glitches and corruptions can happen between experimental builds. If you choose to play the experimental releases, then you have to be prepared for things like this and accept that you may have to restart worlds - maybe even with every new build.

I guess whether they are "often" or not depends on your definition of often. My view is to just expect that my world will break with the next build and if it doesn't, it's a pleasant surprise. I would not run any MP server on experimental builds unless all players understood the risks.

That said, somebody here wrote a mod that will allow an admin to give other players XP, so they can re-learn what they lost, if you really want to continue in that world. Search this forum for 'giveselfxp' and you should find the thread - it was within the last few days.

3 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

It is an unstable experimental Alpha so far. If you want stable then play the stable branch of 18.4. Sometimes saves get borked in experimental. It's as simple as that.

Well as I said "I know A19 is unstable"
The thing is, I wanted to know if we werejust unlucky and we can continue on it OR, if we have to restart on A18.4, because maybe this bug can also occur in A18.4

10 minutes ago, Glyfos said:

The thing is, I wanted to know if we werejust unlucky and we can continue on it OR, if we have to restart on A18.4, because maybe this bug can also occur in A18.4

18.4A is a different alpha. So bugs that are part of experimental wont appear there, give A19 a few weeks and  it will likely go stable. A lot of people have reported this bug between versions for experimental, so no you are not just unlucky. You should be restarting every single experimental patch, you are a tester right now and any bugs you find can't be taken seriously unless you restart every single experimental patch.

3 hours ago, Glyfos said:

This particular bug is from a change made in this patch. No it will not happen in 18 because the code is not in 18.

Archived