Regarding Silent Zombies...

DaHeiRenX

So I've been playing since like alpha 15 or so, and I love it, but I can't stand the fact that zombies make zero sound when indoors. It makes me feel like my character is deaf or something. How can it be that sometimes I can hear a zombie's activation snarl from about 20 meters away, but if I'm sneaking around in a house, any damage I take  is ALWAYS the result of taking a blow to the back of the head from some random that levitated down a hallway without any footsteps or anything? Is this a design decision with an explanation, or a known bug that will be addressed in a future alpha? Because frankly, the current work around is to constantly do a 180 every few seconds, which looks ridiculous and is immersion breaking.

Yeah I'd like to know too if the stealth zombies are intended or not. They make stealth builds even more questionable than they are right now.

I can clearly hear zombie footsteps outdoors, but indoors they are completely silent as you said.

Couple of days ago I went into a POI, cleared downstairs, went upstairs sneaking. I was looking left as I ascended the stairs, and a spider zombie spawned in the corner right in front of my eyes and jumped at me, without making a sound. No screech, no jump sound, no landing sound.

If I had looked forward I wouldn't have had any idea it was there. I guess atleast the "no aggro sound" part is a bug. I've had tons of mini heart attacks due to these levitating mute zombies.

I keep seeing them mention that they did some update to zombie footsteps, or something of that nature, through the past few alphas.
Maybe I am just misunderstanding the notes every time, but every time I am thinking it is to fix this issue.... and it never is fixed.

Archived