performance of the server dedicated?

Sarakatunga

13 minutes ago, Liesel Weppen said:

You need that much wood if you want to build....I didn't plant 50 trees for fun, especially because the planting itself is a pita.

That's just it though. Even counting building, you plant 20 trees. You get 1200 wood from each tree fully grown. It only takes a few days for the trees to re-grow. So every three days you get 24,000 wood. It costs 2 for a wood frame, and 8 to fully upgrade it. So every few days you have 2,400 reinforced wood blocks. A dependable structure requires about half that.

And honestly, by the time you're in that much wood you've moved on to concrete.

4 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

That's just it though. Even counting building, you plant 20 trees. You get 1200 wood from each tree fully grown. It only takes a few days for the trees to re-grow. So every three days you get 24,000 wood. It costs 2 for a wood frame, and 8 to fully upgrade it. So every few days you have 2,400 reinforced wood blocks. A dependable structure requires about half that.

And honestly, by the time you're in that much wood you've moved on to concrete.

I mean, thats only 1200 wood. I can burn through that like nothing with spikes,4 forges, a chem bench, and 2 fires. Also can burn through that like nothing if I decide to build my own house (which I do every game once it hits stable).

alos where are you getting 1200 per tree? I dont get anywhere near that with 3 points in miner and motherlode.

3 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

heh  I must have been half asleep. tree has 1200 hp.

Hehe.

Still, I've never needed more than a group of 20 trees, and I do a lot of building with wood.

I'm not sure about the exakt numbers, but in my last playthrough in A18 i had like 20-30 trees and harvesting them all (with chainsaw) gave a little bit more than one stack (~6500). Trees grow in 3 days, keeping 5 forges and 2 chem stations running 24/7 requires 7x216 wood.

5000 wood left. That are "only" 500 blocks. Last time that wasn't enough to build a bridge for easy traveling between two cities. And we built that within a day.

Another "problem" i see when we are playing: We don't start farming wood from day 1. The early days we usually roam around and don't know where we end up. First POI upgrades are done with wood from natural trees. And then someday we find a spot and want to build a base. From that point, we need LOTS of wood FAST. For that usually we plant a huge farm. Then it gets harvested a few times and then our wood consumption reduces again and we don't need the plantage anymore, so we stop harvesting it regulary until we really need some wood and then most times a few of the trees are enough.

I'm also not that kind of player that fetches some little wood and then build a little. I go out and plant a plantage with ~50 saplings which is a very anoying task. But three days later i can harvest 50 trees in a row... and plant them again... that takes half a day, but then i have at least "some" wood.

Oh yeah, i completely forgot about the wood spikes. Yes, we still use them even in late game. 100 spikes, 2000 wood gone.

Archived