Valmars A20 MODLETS (Outdated)

stallionsden

5 hours ago, LokoGumba said:

good, i`m using the mods of animal traps, but we have benn playing for 120 days and the recipe does not appear throughout the world, do we have to find it in libraries and others or craft it? 

The book you should find in the world is called book animal traps. 

Found in book shelves. Currently in the books all scaled group but you can simply go into the loot.xml of the mod copy the top 3 lines under <Valmar> and add other places for it to be found as well.  

So.  I'm dumb.  I cannot for the life of me figure out how to play the mods, and absolutely no walkthroughs or videos online have been any help at all.  I downloaded the full set from github, created my Mods folder, extracted each individual modlet folder (not ZIP) into the Mods folder, and...  nothing.  I'm clearly missing a step here, but I don't know what.

Also, I noticed when I viewed one of the ModInfo.xml files it says  <Version value="A18" />  Does that mean it's only good for A18, despite being on the A19 thread?

Edit:  So, I combined the info in all 19 ModInfo.xml files into one ModInfo.xml file, and put that in the Mods folder, and launched the game...  and nothing.

Edited by sq33k (see edit history)

1 hour ago, sq33k said:

So.  I'm dumb.  I cannot for the life of me figure out how to play the mods, and absolutely no walkthroughs or videos online have been any help at all.  I downloaded the full set from github, created my Mods folder, extracted each individual modlet folder (not ZIP) into the Mods folder, and...  nothing.  I'm clearly missing a step here, but I don't know what.

Also, I noticed when I viewed one of the ModInfo.xml files it says  <Version value="A18" />  Does that mean it's only good for A18, despite being on the A19 thread?

Edit:  So, I combined the info in all 19 ModInfo.xml files into one ModInfo.xml file, and put that in the Mods folder, and launched the game...  and nothing.

hi @sq33k

i will check the modinfo but they all work for a19. have you made sure it is the correct folders you are adding to the mod folder. like valmars expanded storage then when you open it up there should be config, icon folder and modinfo.xml.  but any other mods. any errors in the console or output.log/players.log.

You named the Mods folder with a capital M. And placed in the common/7 days to die folder where the exe's are.

Making one modinfo wont work becauyse you need the modinfo.xml to call that mod and it needs to be the same name as the mod it is in.

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

I figured it out.  Well, kind of.  I didn't remove anything I had done, but I checked the modlets in the mod launcher, and launched the game from there, and it worked.  This makes me think it was working all along, but I was expecting to see something different on the main screen (like when I use a mod pack) and didn't...  so I assumed it wasn't working.  I bet it was.  Like I said, I'm dumb.

46 minutes ago, sq33k said:

I figured it out.  Well, kind of.  I didn't remove anything I had done, but I checked the modlets in the mod launcher, and launched the game from there, and it worked.  This makes me think it was working all along, but I was expecting to see something different on the main screen (like when I use a mod pack) and didn't...  so I assumed it wasn't working.  I bet it was.  Like I said, I'm dumb.

Argh ok all good. Glad it is working

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, OMG-Vert said:

Is the 'Working Ovens and Sinks' multiplayer compatible?
I have it on my server and F1 indicates that it is loaded but the items don't show up in the crafting list like it does on my single player saves.

Hi @OMG-Vert

Clients whom join will need it on their client side as well I believe

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

30 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

No  not wasting my time and glad you worked it out 

How does one actually use the sinks? I can craft them but it only functions as a storage container. 
Do I need to craft or loot a faucet? I did not see a recipe for that.