A19 Colors and Contrast

Crable

So I just got A19 experimental last night and instantly noticed the acid tripping colors and the high contrast (tons of black levels in textures). Am I the only one that thinks that the colors in the textures are far too saturated and that the black levels in the textures are too dark and prevalent? Whenever I look around my eyes almost seem to flicker and get distracted and I feel like I'm about to have an epileptic episode (I am exaggerating). 

5 minutes ago, n2n1 said:

+1

I think we should wait until MM wants to rip out his own eyes.

I don't think he'll leave it like this in the end.

The thing I don't get is how does something so obvious get approved and shipped? It was the first thing I noticed within about 2 minutes of playing how distracting and off everything felt (I get that it's experimental but this is not like a tiny part of the game like a glitch in a gun or something).

My first impression on the colors was that everything was just overdone. Some things look okay, but overall things are just too much. Not a graphics engineer, so I don't have the terminology to properly describe it other than too much of whatever the change was. Like it was dialed to 11 and needs to be dialed back to 8.

The direction in which the color scheme changes goes to the original classics... but, yes, they always overdo it for the first time.

I don't know why it's not obvious to them....

In addition to this - a lot of people will shout about how beautiful it is...

I did notice that they mentioned HDR in the patch notes. I work in motion graphics and HDR means 32 bit float color space which means super white and super blacks. So maybe they need to dial in the super blacks from the switch to HDR. What do I know though. This also is probably why all the colors are super saturated.

50 minutes ago, Crable said:

I did notice that they mentioned HDR in the patch notes. I work in motion graphics and HDR means 32 bit float color space which means super white and super blacks. So maybe they need to dial in the super blacks from the switch to HDR. What do I know though. This also is probably why all the colors are super saturated.

thats a very good informative answer...i thinked that 2, that it must have to do with new techniques of lightning....

the red is hardcore now..it looks like kontrast +10....perhaps for this reasons the zombienights are not so black now? (in the houses tis super perfect the lightning)..

Archived