Controller Issues

halcyonblake

Hi on a Mac with A18. Games been fine but wrists are starting to hurt so I'm turning to a controller, specifically an original Xbox Controller (I like giving old tech a new purpose). I found a driver from GitHub and use a usb dongle to connect the controller. The controller registers and seems fine and is set to pretend to be a 360 controller.

It works in Steam big view, Dying Light, Borderlands 2, and Tabletop simulator flawlessly, but it does absolutely nothing in 7DTD. I have checked the option to enable controllers in game. I used a steel series playstation style controller before in 7DTD but the analogs don't feel great at all (aiming was difficult).

Is there anything I'm missing that would prevent it from working? Thanks in advance.

Regrettably, I don't think I can offer much help here.  I can confirm that the Mac launcher doesn't have the "Use native input module" option.  The last time I tried to get a controller working for a game (a wireless Xbox 360 controller), I was unsuccessful.  I'm also sticking with macOS 10.14 Mojave, in order to not lose support for 32-bit apps.

Outside of 7DtD, did you explore all the setting available with the Steel Series PlayStation-style controller to try to make aiming feel better?

Thanks for replying,

The steel series analogs doesn't seem to have any fine control, it goes 'zero to 60' and there is dead space for what feels like the first few mm of moving the stick. Oddly enough when I went to check it in other games, the steel series didn't register but the O xbox controller did.

Oh well thanks

• 1 month later...

Has anyone figured out how to get ANY controller to work on Mac with this game? My xbox one controller works just fine with any other steam game but doesn't seem to work at all with 7 Days to Die. Running a MacBook Pro / Catalina. Can't use a keyboard because of carpal tunnel. Husband just built a custom gaming PC to play on and I figured I would be able to use a controller since it works fine on the PC. Willing to buy a different type if it will work! Desperate at this point.

Archived