Save went red after Pc mishap

Ttocs

Hello all am having a problem. 

Yesterday cat jumped on my power button went off, later i think it overheated(fell asleep)then it was not sending any pic through hdmi had to turn everything off and take all usbs out or no picture so yeah thats ok now. When i go into 7days my current save has now turned red and cant load it. Have a screenshot here. Have reinstalled and validated and its still doing it, think the pc prob is relevant and somethings happened but not tech savvy enough to know what lol hope its a path issue or something and not corrupted?

It is wierd how old saves seem ok i did move it from my ssd to hdd maybe after the date of the yellow saves not sure if that info is relevant incase one had an issue

Edit: The save i want to save is the top one saying A0.0 btw not the highlighted one

Edit2: Found a post about restoring something like this said to remove the main.ttw and .bak files mentioned, tried it but the save just disappears  from the list completely.

7dayscrn.png

In my humble opinion your save is toast. That it shows A0.0 means a central configuration file was corrupted in the crash. 

The best way to guard against such failures is a regular backup. 7D2D is special since it needs to constantly write data into the save because it has a fully destructible world. Other games can keep what little changes the player does in RAM and save it to disk on command, this game needs a "live" save that is changing all the time. And a crash has a good chance to corrupt such a save.

Cheers for replies but decided to abandon the save. Also i did come across a few links you gave for troubleshooting this while searching google sadly it was old steam threads that linked to the old forum. 

The sticky thread seemed to have only a small post (that i could find) on restoring these and as said in original post I wasnt sure what the problem was due to not seeing it before so i kinda needed it diagnosed by someone in the know before i could navigate to the relevant info in the sticky. (Thanks)

Archived