Loss of frames after conversion

Phoenixshade35

Here is my problem that I am fighting with, when i record an episode of 7 days to die, or any game for that matter, i use shotcut to convert my video to another format, but after shotcut is done and closed, 7 days has lag issues, before i convert i can hit escape and the pause menu shows up the same second, after a conversion, it takes up to 8 seconds to pause along with lag spikes while playing, im not sure what to do to fix this issue, any help will be appreciated, mind you restarting my computer fixes it, I simply dont know the cause.

Does the program use the gpu to transcode the video? Maybe it doesn't free its ressources properly after the conversion and 7d2d can't use much of the gpu anymore?

Did you take a look into task manager if any other program uses up cpu or ram?
Doesn't restart just the game help?

Why do you convert video while you are playing a game?

2 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Does the program use the gpu to transcode the video? Maybe it doesn't free its ressources properly after the conversion and 7d2d can't use much of the gpu anymore?

Did you take a look into task manager if any other program uses up cpu or ram?
Doesn't restart just the game help?

Why do you convert video while you are playing a game?

Oh when the converter is working it basically eats up all my ram and such, so i can't play while converting, but after i have closed the converter down, the system is freed but i still get the lag issues, i dont convert while playing and restarting the game doesnt fix it at all.

I had issues with virtual memory, too. But it never caused a game to lag, it usually led to "out of memory" crashes. The issue seems wierd since task manager showed that 26GB of my 32GB memory were free. However hwinfo64 showed the same for the ram but for virtual memory it showed "81,9 of 82GB used"... I didn't even know how this came up to over 80GB, but that was the issue. Reboot fixed it and it never occured again.

Archived