Laptop recommendations for 7DtD

Admaxster

Greets!  

Been playing since A15, decided to join the horde here.  I'm retiring my desktop (kid wants it for House Flipper) and I'm planning on something smaller.  I know this is a point of heated discussion on here, but I want an opinion on the model of laptop ($1k budget) I should get that would run 7 smoothly at med to high settings.  I know these specs will go out the window with A19 around the corner, but it's beter than nothing.  Thanks fellow survivors!

Yeah, laptops are mostly @%$*#! for something as demanding as 7 Days.

I think the entry-point would be like a i7-8700 with 16GB DDR4, a 1070 8GB and NVMe/SSD  Most have NVMe/HDD though or SSD/HDD.

Also note, so far a19 is performing just as well as a18 on same hardware with prettier graphics.

I'm using a legion gaming laptop from Lenovo that I picked up at costco on sale for just under 1k (1660ti GPU)

Able to play at 1920x1080 with medium/high settings (view distant far, textures full) with 30 to 60 fps for the most part.

One drawback to gaming laptops is you will need to have your AC power adapter plugged in otherwise your FPS will tank.  Makes sense tho and not a big deal for me.

To add to what Sylen said...

My gaming laptop is an older model. i7-4710MQ, 32GB RAM, GTX 980M (4GB), 1TB NVME drive and a 4TB SSD (yeah, it was on sale, I had to).

I can get around 50-60fps at 1080p, but typically run 900p windowed as I also develop my mod on this same laptop. I would say an i7, 16GB RAM and something around a 1060/1650 MAX-Q would do you fine (those cards are slightly better than mine according to notebookcheck.net)

Archived