Lock Picking Doors - Prefabs Modlet

Su1C1daL

Looking to see if there is any Interest in a little modlet I tossed together the last time I was doing some modding. 

What it does:

-Allows use of lockpicks on doors. Works the same as lockpicking vaults.

-Still allows some doors to be naturally unlocked as usual.

-Doors will become unlocked if you decide to break it down instead.

-Unlocked doors can be upgraded within the same tier that the door is. Door-reinforced 1 - reinforced 2

-Replaces all doors in POI's that use the standard naming for doors.

-Can be used in an existing save to replace the doors, however the doors that have been already discovered will not change. Only undiscovered doors will work.

What it doesn't:

-Cannot re-lock the door. (Door ownership issues, may add work around if enough interest in it)

-Cannot upgrade a wood door to a metal door, metal door to a vault. Only reinforce the doors.

-Cannot pick vault doors. 

-Cannot pick player owned door. Your home is safe from lockpicking!!

Installation:

Simple Modlet- Take the "Su1C1dal 7DTD LockPicking Doors" folder an place it in your "Mods" folder.

Uninstallation:

Simply delete the "Su1C1dal 7DTD LockPicking Doors" from the "Mods" folder.

Should be no adverse affects for removing as the doors should return to the normal doors as vanilla.

I have put in a request to have the repo added to the 7DTD launcher as well to make things easier!

Link to github: https://github.com/Su1C1daL/Su1C1dal-7DTD-Mods

Let me know what you guys/gals think!!

Forgot to add that if people would want to use/try it let me know, that way I can see what I need to do to get it hosted so it can be shared. Modlet is built and I currently use it. Just not sure if anyone would want it!

4 hours ago, Cernwn said:

Already using a couple other lockpicking mods, but as long as this only effects door downgrade paths, should be fine for compatibility. Would ❤️ to see your work!

I looked when I made this a few months ago and didn't find anything other than the lock smashing one. Didn't know there were other mods doing the same thing. Im going to get it up today since there are a few views on it so seems at least some interest in it.

Lockpicking Additions by Stallionsden - adds many more commonly lockable containers

Lockpick Model by JaxTeller718 - adds a unity model for lockpicks in players hand

HD Lock Pick by War3zUK - adds HD lockpick for opening locked paintings and upgrading destroyed workstations

KHLockpicks by KhaineGB, updated for 18.3 by Tristam - adds LQ lockpicks and replaces downgrade path for doors/safes (probably conflicts with yours)

On 5/20/2020 at 9:48 AM, Su1C1daL said:

Didn't know there were other mods doing the same thing.

Not necessarily the same thing, but there may be a little overlap on one or two of em.

19 minutes ago, Cernwn said:

Lockpicking Additions by Stallionsden - adds many more commonly lockable containers

Lockpick Model by JaxTeller718 - adds a unity model for lockpicks in players hand

HD Lock Pick by War3zUK - adds HD lockpick for opening locked paintings and upgrading destroyed workstations

KHLockpicks by KhaineGB, updated for 18.3 by Tristam - adds LQ lockpicks and replaces downgrade path for doors/safes (probably conflicts with yours)

Not necessarily the same thing, but there may be a little overlap on one or two of em.

I think the Khaine is the only one that will conflict as it directly changes the doors themselves. His as I read it is a guaranteed unlock per pick. With mine it is chance based and varies by door. Which should also improve with the lockpicking skill. Jaxteller should be fine if it changes the held item for the vanilla lockpick. Which is what I use, no new lockpicks are added. Stallionsden I don't think mess with the doors at all just other containers like the ammunition boxes. War3zuk adds his own pick specific to the stuff he wants them to be used on so should be no conflict there at all.

I decided to merge and have all my mods in one place. So this is now on the "Su1C1dal Modlets" post

Archived