Reading schematics

dzngr50

I am unable to read schematic books.  I have tried activating the book in inventory and then clicking "Use" and then the book completely disappears.  Same thing if I activate it in my toolbelt.  If I click the left mouse button to use it, it disappears.  Very disappointing since I'll never be able to get ahead.  Anyone have any suggestions?

26 minutes ago, dzngr50 said:

I am unable to read schematic books.  I have tried activating the book in inventory and then clicking "Use" and then the book completely disappears.  Same thing if I activate it in my toolbelt.  If I click the left mouse button to use it, it disappears.  Very disappointing since I'll never be able to get ahead.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Have you looked in the schematic portion of your skills to see if the book applied?  (just past the intellect tab)

Yeah, they are supposed to disappear. You ought to get a special 'accomplishment' sound when you read them. Make sure the little book icon in the upper-left corner of the actual book's image is closed - that means you haven't read that one yet. If it is open, you can read it again, but it won't give you anything but some XP. Better to sell it probably.

Book on the left is unread, on the right is read.

image.png.64782de71d75024534c390bb89347529.png

If you look at the icon you will see a little icon of a book that will be either closed or opened depending on if you have already read the book or not. If you have read it and click on use it will disappear but will give you some xp

:) Boidster, got a message saying you replied just as I was about to post this message. Ya ninja'd me ya bastard lol

Got help from a friend.  I was confused about talk about the book being opened and already being read.  I thought that was for the original book but realize now that is for picking up a book that you have already read.  The bike frame schematic that I was in question about showed up in recipes.  I just need a work bench.  But the books are working for me.  Thank you so much.  Appreciate the reply.

Archived