Thinking About Buying 7 Days To Die For Xbox one

glocc5000

I am a HUGE 7D2D Console Edition fan, because that's how I got started. That said, I wouldn't buy it for that price unless playing on PC is not an option. The console edition is still a lot of fun, but almost nothing that you will read about here in these forums is going to be helpful to you. Console edition is approximately Alpha 15 and many, many changes have happened since then.

If you can't play on PC, though, and the $18 isn't any hardship, it still is a really fun game. I switched over to PC version about when A17 came out because we were missing out on many features over on console. Only once did I ever have the "MD5"/base-clearing bug, but it does happen.

You will not ever get any updates or patches to that version, but maybe, someday, there will be a new console release since TFP reacquired the rights from Telltale. I am ever hopeful about that because console is my preferred gaming platform.

Edit to add: if you do end up getting it, send me a forum PM with your gamertag and I'll join up co-op to show you around a bit. If I can even remember how to play in A15!

sadly i don't have xbox live guess im better off buying Dragon quest builders for my nintendo switch was just wanting a fun minecraft game to play local with my bro

or i could try to get a used copy from gamestop and if anything like that happens just return it

I spent 500+ hours playing on console and enjoyed every minute of it. It's likely that you'll get your $18 worth if you're playing co-op and you both like building and survival games. Emphasis in 7D2D would be on survival, though you can tone that down in the settings if you want more of the building aspect. I am also a big Minecraft fan (at least I was, until the more recent Bedrock builds broke all of the spawn farms) and 7D2D hits some of the same notes. But more blood and gore and more running away from things trying to kill you! No Creepers, though, so that's nice. Not until Alpha 18 (on PC) did we get 7D2D's version of creepers.

Let me put it this way: if I did not have access to a gaming PC and I wanted some console co-op action, I absolutely would fire up 7D2D again and play it. If offline co-op is what you're looking for, then that $18 might not be a bad purchase. It definitely will be a new experience! Beware of the structural integrity/gravity rules! Unlike Minecraft, things in this game will collapse on your head!

I spent 500+ hours playing on console and enjoyed every minute of it. It's likely that you'll get your $18 worth if you're playing co-op and you both like building and survival games. Emphasis in 7D2D would be on survival, though you can tone that down in the settings if you want more of the building aspect. I am also a big Minecraft fan (at least I was, until the more recent Bedrock builds broke all of the spawn farms) and 7D2D hits some of the same notes. But more blood and gore and more running away from things trying to kill you! No Creepers, though, so that's nice. Not until Alpha 18 (on PC) did we get 7D2D's version of creepers.

Let me put it this way: if I did not have access to a gaming PC and I wanted some console co-op action, I absolutely would fire up 7D2D again and play it. If offline co-op is what you're looking for, then that $18 might not be a bad purchase. It definitely will be a new experience! Beware of the structural integrity/gravity rules! Unlike Minecraft, things in this game will collapse on your head!

cool i will give it a try i guess, just gonna suck if we build a nice base and have lots of items stored and they all just disapear but like i said ill try it we mite still have somewhat fun as long as the MD5 error doesnt haunt us

TLDR of the console version being a15 is

TFP got Telltale to publish and port a console version

Telltale went bankrupt and also paid some hack team to do a half-ass console port

TFP cannot legally simply update the console edition themselves, even if they did have the resources to do so.

Plus for $18 you can't go wrong, and like I said long as you delete your local save from the console after every crash, 99.9% chance you'll be fine. Just remember the second you start the game back up after a crash without deleting the local save, there's always that chance you will overwrite the cloud save and corrupt your files so be careful. And if I was you make sure to watch tutorial videos on YouTube on how to do stuff, especially how to survive your first week because it can be beneficial and help to reduce getting overwhelmed at the beginning. And like I said if you don't have a PC to play it on Steam then you can't go wrong getting it on console for now. Hope you have fun mate, enjoy, cheers!

TFP cannot legally simply update the console edition themselves

Wat.

After a long and tedious legal process in a closed auction, The Fun Pimps have re-acquired full console publishing rights on the current and all future versions of 7 Days to Die on PS4 and the Xbox One

They simply have other priorities for their limited resources. No longer a legal issue. And as a former - and hopefully future - console player, I give them much credit for going through the fight to reacquire the rights.

After the Gold version sells 1M copies on Steam, I'm sure they'll turn their attention to console. <crosses all fingers and toes>

Wat.

They simply have other priorities for their limited resources. No longer a legal issue. And as a former - and hopefully future - console player, I give them much credit for going through the fight to reacquire the rights.

After the Gold version sells 1M copies on Steam, I'm sure they'll turn their attention to console. <crosses all fingers and toes>

Thats nice. But yeah the reason they even went with a publisher in the 1st place was they didnt have the resources to do a port and Telltale FUCKED em

Yeah you can't blame The Fun Pimps on this one, it's clearly on Telltale Games and them ONLY!!! And if Telltale Games had never went bankrupt and if they were still a thing, the Console version would of probably been in Alpha 17 or 18 by now. The way I look at it is like this, if The Fun Pimps didn't care like some of the people claim in their reviews, then why would they go out of their way to spend money and fight to get back the publishing rights for Console? Anyway it's clearly that those people don't know anything about game development, and don't know how to be patient until the time is right. And it makes me laugh when you read people's reviews and they say, "How can they not know how to port a game from PC to Console?" like it's the same thing, lol!

Porting games from Console to PC or PC to Console is a whole different animal and isn't easy as it may sound. There is a whole lot of work and money that goes into porting games and making sure that they run correctly, you have to keep in mind of each system's resources such as CPU, GPU, RAM etc. Also some things may not work on Console like they do on PC because of the limitations that Consoles have compared to a gaming PC. With that being said, I apologize for rambling on, thought I would just share my thoughts and opinions with all of you. Hope you survivors have an awesome day, stay safe out there, cheers!

I will say that, although I did enjoy it on console (although significantly less than I have on PC), I can't recommend it for purchase. Some may not care as much as I and I can put many things aside if the game is good, but the crashing/lag/save file corruption/world resets absolutely kill it for me and I won't ever play it again on a console unless a new release happens or something. But, if you don't mind going through hoops to get it to only occasionally crash nor mind losing 95% of your progress after a week or two in-game, then by all means.

It's fun until that happens. The AI isn't as terrible as it was in A16, so you at least get interesting horde nights (unless you're one of those that prefers 10 zombies spinning in circles and dancing lol).

Archived