Game keeps crashing every time I play. Can't join server on other devices.

welldangit123

Without fail my game crashes every single time I play 7 days, more often when I open my inventory. It can happen 5 minutes in up to 45 minutes in. I have 10 gigs of ram and close all the other programs running on my computer when I try to play. I have reinstalled, did a file verification, restarted my computer, changed back and fourth between the directx11 version and the other version (I have Directx12), I have all my graphics on low. I can play other games without crashing such as Ark which is a fairly big game. On the server side, they have tried changing the serverconfig.xml file to see if it helps and it did not. I don't know what else to do. I've uninstalled a lot of games to make space if that was the problem. Every time the game crashes my disk usage goes up to 100%. I really want to be able to play this game! it seems really fun but I cant get into it because of the crashing. The only thing i can think of is that I am on the same LAN connection as the server. Please does anyone have a solution?

Also a second issue, I tried using a different device to play but I can't connect to the server. The server says my steam login is not authorized. I also tried reinstalling, restarting, logging in and out. The server owner deleted my player profile to try and fix it but I still cant play.

log is here :https://justpaste.it/28vie

1. Since your GPU is archaic, you should have Texture Streaming set to ON.

2. Your GPU supports DirectX, so you should use it instead of GLCore.

3. How the hell do you get 10GB RAM? Is this a laptop, and the RAM is shared with the GPU? (The CPU indicates it's a desktop chipset) Unless you have some really strange crap going on with your RAM configuration, this shouldn't be happening. A link to a published Speccy sheet would tell me a lot more there.

4. Remove the mods.

5. Verify your files. It's obvious you had a mod like the Compo-Pack installed, and then removed it. OR, you are connecting to a server that has the Compo-Pack installed, and you haven't installed it like you're supposed to.

Either way, you need to make sure you can run without mods before you start adding them. Especially with hardware that dated.

After that, the log is just garbage because you're using the incorrect renderer and the mods (or lack of) are screwing everything else up.

I reinstalled and re-verified, turned on texture streaming, and it still crashes. I guess I will have to wait to play this game until i build a new computer but it perplexes me that i can run ark, rust, subnautica ect without a problem.

None of those care much about your core hardware. They aren't voxel games, so are nowhere near as taxing on the system. If you turn the graphics settings down, it will run fine on your weak GPU. I used to play Ark on my old Q6600 Core 2 Quad with a 660Ti back when it was in extremely early Alpha. 7 Days is a fully 3D Voxel game with Structural Integrity calculations, and a complex AI. Ark is basically childs play in comparison. If I were going to compare cars, Ark would be about as simple as a motor-scooter with some bling on it, where 7 Days is complex like a C5 Corvette.

Your CPU and RAM speeds are going to be your weakest point in regards to 7 Days. What you have is capable, and could benefit from some overclocking. Could you update us with a current log? I know I could assemble a system similar to yours right now, and though I would struggle to get the FPS over 40, I could at least get it playable without crashing.

I can confirm this game will run on a 4core I3 from a texas oil field on a 4g wireless connection with 8gb of ram.

Just tweak your GFX settings.

Lower lights, shadows to low or off and disable water particles/low and reduce view distance after that till it stabilizes.

Shell run at about 40-50fps.

I can confirm this game will run on a 4core I3 from a texas oil field on a 4g wireless connection with 8gb of ram.

Just tweak your GFX settings.

Lower lights, shadows to low or off and disable water particles/low and reduce view distance after that till it stabilizes.

Shell run at about 40-50fps.

i have everything on lowest settings possible

None of those care much about your core hardware. They aren't voxel games, so are nowhere near as taxing on the system. If you turn the graphics settings down, it will run fine on your weak GPU. I used to play Ark on my old Q6600 Core 2 Quad with a 660Ti back when it was in extremely early Alpha. 7 Days is a fully 3D Voxel game with Structural Integrity calculations, and a complex AI. Ark is basically childs play in comparison. If I were going to compare cars, Ark would be about as simple as a motor-scooter with some bling on it, where 7 Days is complex like a C5 Corvette.

Your CPU and RAM speeds are going to be your weakest point in regards to 7 Days. What you have is capable, and could benefit from some overclocking. Could you update us with a current log? I know I could assemble a system similar to yours right now, and though I would struggle to get the FPS over 40, I could at least get it playable without crashing.

https://justpaste.it/536ys. ark is not the only other game I play. i've played many games on this pc without a problem so its odd that this kinda old game is a problem. I also run subnautica on high graphics with frame loss only going through hatches.

Looking at the logs I see that a lot of content is still not loading in from the mods. I followed the directions exactly multiple times for installing the mod and my friends are saying they get that error and its normal. The other thing is a network timeout? My internet is pretty good, I use lan and never have connection problems anywhere else

1. I wasn't excluding the other games. Subnautica is essentially the same as Ark, expept it's built on Unity instead of UE4. It's still not a Voxel game. Same for The Forest, Rust, ect. You will not find another game that taxes your hardware as much as this one. Not even Crysis.

2. It looks like you don't have the Compo-Pack loaded on your system, and this is something you must have for playing on a server that is using the compo-pack. Failure to have it installed will cause map problems in your client, and could lead you to crashing. The errors are an indication of an issue, and should not be ignored. The mod you are missing is this one.

Other than that, this particular log looks clean.

1. I wasn't excluding the other games. Subnautica is essentially the same as Ark, expept it's built on Unity instead of UE4. It's still not a Voxel game. Same for The Forest, Rust, ect. You will not find another game that taxes your hardware as much as this one. Not even Crysis.

2. It looks like you don't have the Compo-Pack loaded on your system, and this is something you must have for playing on a server that is using the compo-pack. Failure to have it installed will cause map problems in your client, and could lead you to crashing. The errors are an indication of an issue, and should not be ignored. The mod you are missing is this one.

Other than that, this particular log looks clean.

ive installed compopack a few times but i must be making a mistake? i follow the directions exactly but maybe the directions are wrong. The game works for everyone else with those errors in their logs

Archived