Just a Conundrum

AmethystLainey

Something about this game since 17.2 doesnt like using Realtek/onboard audio. Atleast on my system.

I can only stay in game for like 10 mins before all sounds Game and System are lost.

Is anyone else experiencing this that found a answer as to how to resolve. Was 17 roughly when the game went to unity 5?

Bluetooth items work just fine , yet anything that uses the 3.5mm audio be it headset or speakers dont work. :(

If you have some extra cash I would suggest a HT-Omega Claro II (PCI) or Fenix (PCI-Express). These cards have 2 digital outs along with 3.5mm, the digital outs are S/PDIF and Coax, you can have one for headphones and one for speakers or receiver, plus a loop back S/PDIF input for a receiver as well, although I have real idea how this works, its supposed to be a way to process DTS and Dolby Digital through your Receiver and back into the PC or something. They also have great DTS and Dolby Digital support for headphones to 7.1 systems. https://www.htomega.com/products.html

I am stuck with onboard audio and it kind of sucks compared to my Claro II but I have no PCI slot on this board. It is a realtek ALC1220 with 6.0.8734.1 drivers, they have no real options for DTS or DD with the S/PDIF out either

• 2 months later...

Please I am still having this issue on my PC . All Drivers are updated and I still have it. Another bit of scienceing I did is if I leave the item connected to port and reboot the pc and when it restarts up i get a reading on volume of only 25 % something about 7 days is causing system & game sounds to be reduced but it isnt reflected in any of the sliders. :) 

Windows 10 does not automatically update the realtek drivers.  Unless this was changed recently.  Right click on start (Windows logo).  Click on device manager and find realtek in audio section.  Bring up the properties for it and check driver date.  If it is from a few years back, update the driver to whatever is the latest recommended.

I had to do this because another game was causing sound crashes.  I updated the driver and bingo worked like a champ.

Still a curious issue.  

Also I'll not that when you posted this originally I was sporting an intel i7-3930k on a Sabertooth X79.   Since then that PC died horribly, and I am now on an AMD Radeon 9 3900X with a ROG STRIX X570-E. Still using the Tiamat, and this motherboard uses Reatltek audio with the SupremeFX S1220A codec.

My experience with Driver Booster was for the most part good.   However, it sometimes gives you a driver that has not been fully tested on Windows or an experimental driver (from company or 3rd party).  Yea I found a couple of drivers that got installed were not from true company website but from one that emulates it.  It is a rare occurance but one that can happen.

If it helps.  My installed Realtek High Definition Audio driver is from 3/3/2020   version number: 6.0.8907.1.

Only other thing to check for is if you have more than one audio source your machine can tap into.  If it does like mine because of Nvidia, you may need the game ready drivers from Nvidia.  Other option would be to disable one of the audio sources temporarily and see if that corrects the problem.

22 minutes ago, Lord Shakaka said:

Only other thing to check for is if you have more than one audio source your machine can tap into.  If it does like mine because of Nvidia, you may need the game ready drivers from Nvidia.  Other option would be to disable one of the audio sources temporarily and see if that corrects the problem.

If you go into your Nvidia settings, you can turn the feature off there.

spacer.png

Archived