Forges, workbench, etc., disappearing and reappearing

aspektx

As the title suggests I keep having issues with items in my base glitching in and out. I can still interact with them when they are invisible. Items include forges, chem station, hatches, torches, and more. It seems to be occurring on one side of my base and not the other. But I could be missing something.

I was hoping this might have a workaround of some sort. Perhaps I am missing something.

Thank you.

That sounds like a chunk loading error or possibly an issue with LOD meshes. Have you restarted the game to see if that fixes it?

I know LOD meshes have had some work done for the next alpha which _may_ fix it but filing a bug report would be a good idea if you can reproduce the problem.

That sounds like a chunk loading error or possibly an issue with LOD meshes. Have you restarted the game to see if that fixes it?

I know LOD meshes have had some work done for the next alpha which _may_ fix it but filing a bug report would be a good idea if you can reproduce the problem.

Thanks for the info. I have restarted the game, even left off for the night and shutdown my machine. But still having issues. Unfortunately I can't put a finger on what steps are occurring leading up to the these glitches so am unable to tell how to reproduce. Perhaps the upcoming fixes you mentioned will help.

• 8 months later...

I'm having the same issue. I have most of my forges and workbenches on one side and that's the side that seems to bug out. They disappear and all I see is it's shadow and fire if it's going. We are on about day 70 and I think it started happing around day 50. 

1 minute ago, Frownyfox said:

I'm having the same issue. I have most of my forges and workbenches on one side and that's the side that seems to bug out. They disappear and all I see is it's shadow and fire if it's going. We are on about day 70 and I think it started happing around day 50.

It's a known bug. From what i read, nearby auto-turrets cause them.

And i thought it was already fixed in the latest version.

Archived