new to 7 days on the PC

Senatorozmo

its a setting when you start your world. i believe Advance

I've played for about 6 days now and am loving it. I've managed to buy a minibike, a lifesaver, and have bought or found most of my tools.

Is this a normal thing in this part of the game? how often do people keep using the stone axe/spear/bow? I've found a few plans for some things but I find that I am using my stone spear as a go to for reliable reproducible, don't care if I lose it, weapon/tool.

Ideas for what I should be looking for?

Stone spear on day 6 miiiiight be a bit underperforming. :-) The stone/primitive stuff is easy to make and easy to forget if you lose it, but the bump in effectiveness to the iron tools/wooden bow is pretty significant. Plus it opens up tool/weapon mods.

Many people don't like putting points into INT because you can find, eventually, all of the schematics. If you want to go that way then I would prioritize Crack-A-Book looting to find as many schematics as you can. Working Stiff and Shotgun Messiah if you want to try to find the items directly. Sell all the duplicates and you can afford to buy your way into better weapons.

I personally am playing a heavy INT character so I can craft most things without needing to find the schematic. That's partly down to the fact that most of my questing/looting time is limited to the hours when I'm playing co-op, just a couple of times each week. The rest of the time I'm solo and I tend to be doing base building/upgrading, mining, etc. so I'm not uncovering new schematics. I just learn it myself through INT perks.

I am not a min/maxer in any way lol. Least efficient character build EVAR, I'm sure...

Stone spear on day 6 miiiiight be a bit underperforming. :-) The stone/primitive stuff is easy to make and easy to forget if you lose it, but the bump in effectiveness to the iron tools/wooden bow is pretty significant. Plus it opens up tool/weapon mods.

Many people don't like putting points into INT because you can find, eventually, all of the schematics. If you want to go that way then I would prioritize Crack-A-Book looting to find as many schematics as you can. Working Stiff and Shotgun Messiah if you want to try to find the items directly. Sell all the duplicates and you can afford to buy your way into better weapons.

I personally am playing a heavy INT character so I can craft most things without needing to find the schematic. That's partly down to the fact that most of my questing/looting time is limited to the hours when I'm playing co-op, just a couple of times each week. The rest of the time I'm solo and I tend to be doing base building/upgrading, mining, etc. so I'm not uncovering new schematics. I just learn it myself through INT perks.

I am not a min/maxer in any way lol. Least efficient character build EVAR, I'm sure...

Nice.....I am doing perception build right now, and noticed you can mod stone weapons as well. I have found a print for steel tools, and put points in Spear so I am making iron right now. I find that I often carry 2 spears, 1 stone axe (a good break it down tool), knife level 3, wrench level 3, sub machine gun level 4, hunting rifle level 2 on my tool belt.

I have found it difficult to not carry a lot of wood, stone, and grass around to rebuild things, but having bought a mini bike has helped in exploration so very much.

I spent some points in cooking, and in the ability to build a forge, and health realated things, but just the 1st point. the spears seem super powerful and I often throw one and stab with another.

question about the helmet mods....can any helmet have a light attached?

any helmet can have the helmet light mod, yes.

I tend to get 3 pts int the motherlode/miner69er quickly. get more mats chopping/digging, and the axes work nicely on zeds.

I go fort since I love the machine guns. Punching heads off is fun, but not the way for bloodmoons.

A silenced pistol is also nice, but I've got enough T6 M60s now that I put a silencer on that just for giggles.

I've been lucky and not had to put points into cooking.

Getting a vehicle of any kind asap is very handy. RNG can help (found the chassis/handlebars for the bike, minibike and motorcycle on various games. Motorcycle on day 3 from looting is very nice)

Treasure maps are also great. Sometimes you get a bunch, other times not.

1 pt in the 3 health for healing, iron gut, stam regen early is handy. (iron gut in particular)

Everyone has their own preferred method of playing, none are wrong. :)

Oh, yeah, books. You want those. All'of'em. check every mailbox, trashpile etc. Getting the quest to clear the church is nice too.

(that one I do cheese and clear to the books before starting the quest)

Sooooo much fun when YOU can walk on landmines and not set them off. Lead the zeds on a fun chase... hee-hee!

...and noticed you can mod stone weapons as well.

Oops sorry my bad. Probably it was that I never even tried to, since I pushed to get to iron tools ASAP and I ASSumed the primitive stuff could not be modded. I can see that at least a few mods are compatible with primitive tools/weapons. "Bunker Buster" on a stone axe? Okaaaaay. It appears to be a hardened carbon steel pickaxe sort of head attachment...for a chunk of rock lashed to a stick with plant fibers.

I demand more realism in my zombie apocalypse game! :-)

Archived