Unable to connect to dedicated server/ Time out

Killing_Flames

I am having troubles connecting to dedicated server.

When trying to connect to a dedicated server it won't appear on the server list and when I connect via IP address I get timed out.

I have tried closing and restarting everything and nothing seems to work. Only time I can connect to server and when it appears on the list is if someone else is in the server at the time. When nobody is online then I have issues and other players confirm that the server is up and running I just cant connect seems to be a problem on my end.

Capture6.jpg.d28b841cf0e41412a177980998d22ce9.jpg

May I point out that your first post is a bit cryptic.

Are you trying to connect to one specific server or multiple. If the former, can you connect to other servers? If the latter, is it an invite-only server or is it one of the open servers?

You say "When trying to connect to a dedicated server it won't appear on the server list ". That sounds strange. Usually servers appear on the server list first, then you connect to them (if they didn't were on the list already, how could you select them?).

The game generates a logfile (in the installation directory \\7Days_To_Die_Data\\output... ). You could store that logfile in pastepin and share it here. Maybe it shows the problem.

This has happen twice with 2 different servers. When there is players the server will appear and I can join no problem but when theres no players the server will not appear.

I have this same issue, except I am the one hosting my server. For the people I play with, the server will not show up in their server list until I connect and begin loading into the game. As soon as I do that, suddenly it shows up for them and they can connect just fine.

I have this same issue, except I am the one hosting my server. For the people I play with, the server will not show up in their server list until I connect and begin loading into the game. As soon as I do that, suddenly it shows up for them and they can connect just fine.

I contacted support and turns out these servers don't have all the ports open correctly. I was able to contact the server host and they got their correct ports open and now it works perfectly, shows up all the time and can connect at any time with or without players in the server.

I recommend you look at your ports and mess around with them and open all of them to see if this will fix it.

This may not help but in past there have been times I could not see server in my list/favorites even though I have been on it before.

Sometimes I could open steam click view tab then servers and the server I want is in my favorites or history tab. May even be in the internet tab as most times it shows me more servers than the ingame list. Could try that to see if it would help until the problem is figured out

Archived