Well I am finally addicted to A18

bobrpggamer

It was the learning curve coming from A17 that seemed to keep me from playing over 2 or more hours, but I was able to get an idea of what my game plan will be. This is always building a massive base and I could not really get into it because I had a hard time figuring out what to do.

Forget the negative, they have been stated too much before I started to try it, so I have nothing terrible to say.

So focusing on the good:

The book system keeps me interested in something other than just gaining levels.

The skill tree is not as overpowered as it was, when all you had to in A17 was to put points in INT to become a powerful player.

I love the power-slide of the motorcycle when turn quickly at fast speeds - yeah its not that important but It is some more polish on the vehicles.

looting is fun again, being the really only way right now I can get quality items other than crafting tier 1 garbage as I am now at level 12 or something - this also being good seeing how I am not paying as much attention to my levels anymore, which is a way to grade a good CRPG.

The item parts are back from A16 - I think I can remember A16 having them but last time I played A16 was in 2017 so I do not remember completely.

More Item mods are always nice to have, my AK47 is using a silencer.

You can buy damn near anything at the trade, although buying vehicles Is a bit too much to give early on to players In my opinion.

The important thing Is I finally got into the game and did not want to even take a piss break and that is a sign of a good game, but so good for my bladder.

Yet another "my opinion of A18" thread.

Yeah but that silencer on the AK does practically nothing except clear up an inventory slot from your backpack. That and does more damage if you have all the books needed for it. I put a silencer on my marksman, and my detection still shoots up to 100 when I fire it. About the only weapon a silencer works well on while clearing buildings is the pistol which is probably how it should be, maybe the sub. I have not played since TFP fixed subs but we'll see.

The AK47 is probably the loudest assault riffle out there (taken form Counter-Strike Source of course), so It is ridiculous to use the silencer on it but it sounds so cool when you fire it off.

There seems to be more modification options now and I love that in A18. Like the extra fuel tank for the chainsaw and auger is cool as well as sewing pockets on average clothing and the extra storage on the vehicles modification.

It is like going from A16 to A17 again, kind of like providing what most game devs do this day and age, adding ridiculous DLC and small expansions, such as the ever annoying rudux and royal editions to buy at extra costs. Even at $1.99 for a special rifle with a custom skin or whatever, is just being greedy. This has been going on since that ridiculous horse armor in Oblivion - I curse Bethesda for starting that trend to this day. 7 Days to Die just keeps providing more free content, and the option to play previous alphas is amazing as well. I do not think many games allow that, I'm not sure but I do not know of any offhand and I have a library of over 500 games.

The problem I was having was with direction and which was difficult to get due to the initial learning curve from going from A17 to A18. The game really has had one of the most complete overhauls I have seen so far, once you get about 20 hours in, you pretty much start to get that 7 Days to Die game addiction again.

The game completely changed direction from survivalists,base building, farming and scrap finding for food to

wrench-raping POIs, pillaging entire buildings for cement,concrete ,gas and weapons like we're literal thieves , savages that simply learn things by pillaging the world of its resources. And of course that is evident from quest that magically recreate the world to be pillaged once again.

Some people love that. They love oversimplifying the world ,devouring it ,killing it and giving nothing back.

The only part of survival about this game is not dying to zombies when trying to loot. You basically cannot die of starvation or thirst and you certainly don't have to worry about finding things in the wasteland.

Some people mentioned you don't need a base anymore and I wasn't sure until I actually tried it . I now am just a wanderer, going from one POI to another, while I become progressively broken and overpowered to the point the irradiated zombies feel no real threat. When day 7 comes you just have to set a few defenses on a huge cement building (say a freshly cleared tier V quest POI), grab your sledgehammer or knuckles or some weapon, set maxed junk turrets and just watch them pulverize everything while you occasionally kill a couple zombies that come too close . There is no need to set spikes or electrical defenses, and simple turrets are laughable compared to junk turrets,unless you have an armada of course which require constant refilling. But why bother? junk turrets do the same thing without power, they fire twice as fast, they perma stun their targets, they refill with iron bullets made from your hands and they can be modded to further increase their prowess.

I fear the next big patch is going to completely alienate this game. The performance is going to be abysmal , we'll see bandits replacing zombies , cars randomly crashing mid course, melee weapons and bows being useless while we'll be able to find guns everywhere , craft bullets out of fiber and wood and every few hours entire areas will magically reconstruct to feed our consumerism desires .

Edit: I forgot about the Demolition zombie, a zombie filled with explosives and a self destruct mechanism that will completely wipe out all your electrical defenses in case one of your shooting junk turrets or smg/shotgun turrets, make the mistake of shooting it in the big huge self destruct mechanism that deals about 5000 area damage completely destroying well placed blade traps,dart traps,electrical fences,motion sensors and pressure plates.

The game completely changed direction from survivalists,base building, farming and scrap finding for food to

wrench-raping POIs, pillaging entire buildings for cement,concrete ,gas and weapons like we're literal thieves , savages that simply learn things by pillaging the world of its resources. And of course that is evident from quest that magically recreate the world to be pillaged once again.

Some people love that. They love oversimplifying the world ,devouring it ,killing it and giving nothing back.

The only part of survival about this game is not dying to zombies when trying to loot. You basically cannot die of starvation or thirst and you certainly don't have to worry about finding things in the wasteland.

Some people mentioned you don't need a base anymore and I wasn't sure until I actually tried it . I now am just a wanderer, going from one POI to another, while I become progressively broken and overpowered to the point the irradiated zombies feel no real threat. When day 7 comes you just have to set a few defenses on a huge cement building (say a freshly cleared tier V quest POI), grab your sledgehammer or knuckles or some weapon, set maxed junk turrets and just watch them pulverize everything while you occasionally kill a couple zombies that come too close . There is no need to set spikes or electrical defenses, and simple turrets are laughable compared to junk turrets,unless you have an armada of course which require constant refilling. But why bother? junk turrets do the same thing without power, they fire twice as fast, they perma stun their targets, they refill with iron bullets made from your hands and they can be modded to further increase their prowess.

I fear the next big patch is going to completely alienate this game. The performance is going to be abysmal , we'll see bandits replacing zombies , cars randomly crashing mid course, melee weapons and bows being useless while we'll be able to find guns everywhere , craft bullets out of fiber and wood and every few hours entire areas will magically reconstruct to feed our consumerism desires .

Edit: I forgot about the Demolition zombie, a zombie filled with explosives and a self destruct mechanism that will completely wipe out all your electrical defenses in case one of your shooting junk turrets or smg/shotgun turrets, make the mistake of shooting it in the big huge self destruct mechanism that deals about 5000 area damage completely destroying well placed blade traps,dart traps,electrical fences,motion sensors and pressure plates.

Well I have my ideas for a base that would be a good test for the Demolition zombie and I will have to design around him, unlike before where there was never an overpowered zombie to worry about. Since A16 I have kept my base safe with no worries, so I respect the challenge he will be and I will plan my base accordingly when he come over for tea -so I say bring in on bad-ass, I will be prepared for him, that is if my base is ready by the time he shows up, right now on day 10 he would obliterate my little bunker.

Well I have my ideas for a base that would be a good test for the Demolition zombie and I will have to design around him, unlike before where there was never an overpowered zombie to worry about. Since A16 I have kept my base safe with no worries, so I respect the challenge he will be and I will plan my base accordingly when he come over for tea -so I say bring in on bad-ass, I will be prepared for him, that is if my base is ready by the time he shows up, right now on day 10 he would obliterate my little bunker.

Depending on your settings, you should not expect a single demolisher but 10 demolishers at the same time.

Just a few facts about the demolisher.

If it hits a block it does 500 damages per blow.

If it hits a pole then it does 3000 damage.

If the demolisher explodes it does 5000 damage.

These values are independent of the difficulty setting.

Depending on your settings, you should not expect a single demolisher but 10 demolishers at the same time.

Just a few facts about the demolisher.

If it hits a block it does 500 damages per blow.

If it hits a pole then it does 3000 damage.

If the demolisher explodes it does 5000 damage.

These values are independent of the difficulty setting.

Well I was not expecting multiple ones, if so it will be humbling. Can you tell me about what bloodmoon the demolisher will come around?

Well I was not expecting multiple ones, if so it will be humbling. Can you tell me about what bloodmoon the demolisher will come around?

From gamestage 153 onwards the demolishers are in the bloodmoon hordes. Which day that is depends on the difficulty settings and how fast you level.

Archived