Need help remove Vulture from EnemyAnimalsDesert group

xxx73

Hi

I'm trying to remove Vulture in EnemyAnimalsDesert group with using xpath. Since my xpath experience is like 0 I have not manged to do this correctly. This is what I have tried so far.

<configs>

<remove xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='EnemyAnimalsDesert'][@entity name="animalZombieVulture']" />

</configs>[/Code]

[Code]<configs>

<remove xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='EnemyAnimalsDesert'] />
<entity name="animalZombieVulture"/>

</configs>[/Code]

What am I doing wrong, how should it look correctly?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I'm trying to remove Vulture in EnemyAnimalsDesert group with using xpath. Since my xpath experience is like 0 I have not manged to do this correctly. This is what I have tried so far.

<configs>

<remove xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='EnemyAnimalsDesert'][@entity name="animalZombieVulture']" />

</configs>[/Code]

What am I doing wrong, how should it look correctly?

I would think it should be more like this:

[Code]<configs>

<remove xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='EnemyAnimalsDesert']/entity[@name='animalZombieVulture']" />

</configs>[/Code]

The @ notation is ONLY to denote attributes. "entitygroup" and "entity" are called elements, their parameters like "name" are called attributes.

You also used " once instead of ' in the first xpath. And the second xpath missed one ".

I would think it should be more like this:

<configs>

<remove xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='EnemyAnimalsDesert']/entity[@name='animalZombieVulture']" />

</configs>[/Code]

The @ notation is ONLY to denote attributes. "entitygroup" and "entity" are called elements, their parameters like "name" are called attributes.

You also used " once instead of ' in the first xpath. And the second xpath missed one ".

Thanks for your reply, and thank for your explanation, will try it later.

Archived