Slight perk rework suggestion-healing, bandaids,physician,Yeah science!

Pichii

So, I would like to suggest the following;

Move first aid bandage making to Physician 1.

Reasoning:First aid bandages can be made by natives using ants and cloth.

On top of that from a game mechanics standpoint; having first aid bandage and kits in yeah science but the bonus healing in another perk doesnt really make alot of sense.

Giving the bonus healing in the same perk as bandaids would make tthe perk quite useful-even at low levels and same for first aid kits if you want to invest the extra points.

Keep first aid KITS in Yeah Science! because it takes some level of medical science to make those types of things.

This makes sense because those kits would require some of the chemics from that same tree whereas first aid doesnt really. (anyone can pick and crush aloe leaves and put it on a cloth if they have the training, thats why we teach first aid to children- literally.)

Yeah the first aid bandages being locked behind a perk is kinda stupid, when its literally just crushing plant leaves into paste and smearing it onto cloth. Its done for gameplay reasons though, but logically it is pretty stupid for it to be perk locked.

Yeah the first aid bandages being locked behind a perk is kinda stupid, when its literally just crushing plant leaves into paste and smearing it onto cloth. Its done for gameplay reasons though, but logically it is pretty stupid for it to be perk locked.

I think its merely an oversight from when they were mixing things around.

It genuinely makes more sense to have first aid bandages in physician because itll give tanks and people that dont want to dedicate INT, healing options besides just passive regen at level 10+ lol.

Lets be real, bandages are not really that op. Decent after a fight but its those KITS that are the real game changers along with pain pills.

PS: I would REALLY love to see actual band-aids in this game. xD

I agree that First aid bandages should be Physician.

Being able to heal yourself better is a nice side-benefit, but it's not worth investing in a whole skill-tree for.

Healing other people is very situational. (I didn't even know you could do it till yesterday) but unlocking basic medical recipes is a good reason to put points into it.

Yeah Science already has chem station, gas, batteries and IIRC mines (which should probably come from the explosives/grenades tree, tbh)

Also, why does turning the aloe into cream not take any perks or training, but putting the plant-goo on the cloth bandage does? Should probably be the other way around.

Now, playing the party doctor and fixing up your whole group could be an interesting gimmick, but being the guy who can make medical supplies for your people to take with them is probably actually more useful.

I think healing stuff should all be under 1 skill line. First aid bandages, first aid kits, plaster splints, antibiotics etc should all be under phsyician.

Some other ideas for physician i had were at rank 5 allowing players to revive allies with first aid kits (need better instructions on using on allies too, nothing in item description explaining how to do it)

I think intellect needs some more selfish stuff too. Also thought grease monkey should go under agility, since all it offers are vehicles which increase mobility, that would free up some room to spec into something else.

Archived