Fist night ferals.

Ramethzer0

I had heard there was a percentage chance to spawn ferals.

I had one my first night ever in the new alpha SP and MP. It was a brutal drawn out fight.

I checked the forums and learned yeah this is intended and I thought it was fun. I was cool with it. However, now I'm starting to wonder how much of a percentage this is because I've been restarting maps and starting new builds from nothing every time there's a patch and yet... now I'm noticing over time and iteration that the chances of feral spawns might be actually kinda significant. Once or twice okay, I can chalk that up to chance. But, im on map number 6 between SP and MP games and out of that 6, there were 5 wandering feral spawns within the first 24 hours.

This last MP map, we had multiples ferals summoned as the result of a cluster of screamers. Is this normal too?

I'd love to know what the actual round numbers are, because math is king. This isn't a complaint. I'm just wondering if the math supports whats actually in play.

also relevant if you were in the wasteland...

...but i've also noticed the chance for night ferals is significant. As someone who generally wanders at night without fear, it's annoying, but pretty cool...a good adrenaline rush when you see those glowing eyes and increased speed (I have my ferals set faster than normal night speed)

• 3 weeks later...
"Fist night Ferals"

Sounds like a nice mix of kinky and creepy.

Haha, your comment gave me a good chuckle there. Good one! :)

As for the thread, IMO ferals should never spawn on the first day...ever! Although now I wonder if it's technically possible to get your GS so high on the first day that you find radiated zombies in POIS?

A Fistful of Zombie. I think there's a book with that title running around somewhere on the RPG market.

I also don't believe in this level of coincidences. I also wonder if the 'one' restart I had that didn't have a feral was a night that I just never actually ran into it. Running into three in very rapid succession would have simply aced any newbie. Luckily, I was set up behind a perimeter fence in a cell tower POI. If I had been on open ground, there would have been no fighting it at all.

EDIT: Yup, it exists. There's also a movie title too.

Archived