Ode to the Crack A Book and new books/schematics

ktr

So far, I'm loving 18, but my favorite by a wide margin is the excitement of walking into a Crack A Book again. When I first starting playing 7d2d CnB was one of my favorite POIs early game (later it became the place where I got paper) and I was bummed that 17 didn't give me much of a reason at all to go into one - especially with the superiority of the Paper Mill when it came to shotgun turret ammo production.

But man how times have changed.

Recently, I strolled up on the first CnB with my MP group and recalled all the interesting books and promise of schematics that I've seen so far and boy, it did not disappoint. A crucible schematic for our crafter/builder, pocket mods for my looting and sneaking needs, skill books for all the group and more! For the first time ever, opening a book shelf and seeing only paper was annoying lol.

And with the depth and breadth of the skill books and schematics, I don't anticipate that lovin' feeling fading anytime soon.

How's everyone else finding the new books and such?

How's everyone else finding the new books and such?

On the one hand I think the books are great, but on the other hand they have sometimes taken it too far.

For example, you used to have the minibike book. But now it is split into two parts. You have a book for the chassis and a book for the handlebar. So if you only find one book you can't build a minibike yet.

Besides, distributing all the cooking recipes and all the seeds in individual books is a bit odd.

I find it glorious. Although I also agree with Ripclaw about that specific example. Permanently making mods is a welcome addition.

On the one hand I think the books are great, but on the other hand they have sometimes taken it too far.

For example, you used to have the minibike book. But now it is split into two parts. You have a book for the chassis and a book for the handlebar. So if you only find one book you can't build a minibike yet.

Besides, distributing all the cooking recipes and all the seeds in individual books is a bit odd.

If I had to take a wild guess (and it probably is), I would say that breaking those out individually is a way to maintain perk desirability as well. If we could get all the same for a perk out of one book, I know there are some, like Master Chef that I'd probably seek out the books and ignore the perks.

I started a Navezgane single player run and hit the 5 book stores I know of in the 1st two days. With loot respawn set to 5 days it's the heartbeat of my game. 2 days running around looting, 3-4 days base building and mining.

On the other hand for multiplayer it is quite rewarding in a very

fashion when one person finds the chassis book and another finds the handlebar book and help each other make a couple of bikes. :)

I started a Navezgane single player run and hit the 5 book stores I know of in the 1st two days. With loot respawn set to 5 days it's the heartbeat of my game. 2 days running around looting, 3-4 days base building and mining.

Altho I am happy for you, that would totally ruin the game for me. It's like using a cheat code to lower the game difficulty...😅

Archived