Idea: Permadeath setting on new single player game start

doughphunghus

I've seen several streamers/youtubers play in "permadeath" mode where they try to survive as long as possible without dying, and when they die "that's it" and they're supposed to start a new game. Some ask for "votes" to see if they should break the self imposed rules and continue playing....

I think it would be cool to have a "permadeath" setting/flag when starting a new game that if checked would delete the saved game/map if you die (only in single player mode). The setting could only be set at map creation and only if the game was set to "single player" so no one else could join.

Kinda a single use case, but it might make for more intense games, especially if streaming.

I've seen several streamers/youtubers play in "permadeath" mode where they try to survive as long as possible without dying, and when they die "that's it" and they're supposed to start a new game. Some ask for "votes" to see if they should break the self imposed rules and continue playing....

I think it would be cool to have a "permadeath" setting/flag when starting a new game that if checked would delete the saved game/map if you die (only in single player mode). The setting could only be set at map creation and only if the game was set to "single player" so no one else could join.

Kinda a single use case, but it might make for more intense games, especially if streaming.

nice idea on paper but

you could just quit the map too

Archived