Microfreeze - Removing /Adding Item to Toolbelt

Thundy

Hi,

For some reason when I either take something off the toolbelt or add it on the game freezes - just for a moment - then comes back. It doesn't matter if I can see the item in hand on the belt or if it's something I don't have selected, and it's just the toolbelt as far as I can tell. Moving things in and out of boxes/bags doesn't create anything adverse.

Any thoughts or anyone else got this?

PC Spec

Windows 10

Gigabyte Z270-HD3P x 1

Corsair Vengeance LPX 8gb DDR4 3000Mhz x 2

Nvidia GTX 1080 8gb - Zotac

120gb SSD

Intel I5 7600K Kaby Lake

Thanks

I just tested this on my old PC (spec is i5 2600k, GTX 760 2gb, 120gb SSD, and Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z68AP-D3.

No microfreeze?

It's something specific to the better PC.... everything is on ultra on the high end PC maybe it's that somehow I'll have to go through the gfx settings.

Hi,

For some reason when I either take something off the toolbelt or add it on the game freezes - just for a moment - then comes back. It doesn't matter if I can see the item in hand on the belt or if it's something I don't have selected, and it's just the toolbelt as far as I can tell. Moving things in and out of boxes/bags doesn't create anything adverse.

Any thoughts or anyone else got this?

PC Spec

Windows 10

Gigabyte Z270-HD3P x 1

Corsair Vengeance LPX 8gb DDR4 3000Mhz x 2

Nvidia GTX 1080 8gb - Zotac

120gb SSD

Intel I5 7600K Kaby Lake

Thanks

I just had the same thing happen.... when I went back to base I tried to use the cement mixer and it was works. My computer even recocnized the game not responding and asked if I wanted to shut it down. I clicked wait for program to respond. a few seconds later it did respond and I tried it again. this time it crashed me out of the game. I don't believe the pc is the issues

PC specs

Processor: latest 7th generation processor | intel core i7-7920hq (3.1-4.1ghz)

Graphics card: NVIDIA's latest dual GeForce GTX 1080 [sLI] 16g gddr5

Ram: 64gb (16gb x4) ddr4 2400mhz | hard drive: super raid 4, 1tb (PCIE gen3 NVMe) (512gb*2) plus 1tb (SATA) 7200rpm

I just had the same thing happen.... when I went back to base I tried to use the cement mixer and it was works. My computer even recocnized the game not responding and asked if I wanted to shut it down. I clicked wait for program to respond. a few seconds later it did respond and I tried it again. this time it crashed me out of the game. I don't believe the pc is the issues

PC specs

Processor: latest 7th generation processor | intel core i7-7920hq (3.1-4.1ghz)

Graphics card: NVIDIA's latest dual GeForce GTX 1080 [sLI] 16g gddr5

Ram: 64gb (16gb x4) ddr4 2400mhz | hard drive: super raid 4, 1tb (PCIE gen3 NVMe) (512gb*2) plus 1tb (SATA) 7200rpm

Is it just on your tool belt though? It doesn't happen on anything else for me - taking it off or adding it on, and only on my higher spec pc.

• 3 weeks later...
My computer even recocnized the game not responding and asked if I wanted to shut it down. I clicked wait for program to respond. a few seconds later it did respond and I tried it again. this time it crashed me out of the game. I don't believe the pc is the issues

Same issue here but it's when opening pretty much anything. There's sometimes a pause that causes the pc to think the game has crashed and, being Windows 10, showing the rotating circle until it either comes back or crashes out.

I've somewhat figured it out tonight playing. It's when you have an item in the crafting menu selected or you've searched for something - in my case, I make a lot of wood frame blocks so I often have it searched for in the crafting menu and / or clicked on it. For some reason, if I've clicked on it, the game will lag like crazy when opening the crafting menu or opening the forge or just moving stuff around my backpack.

To stop it in the craft menu select something you DO NOT have the ingredients for - anything seems to work as long as it's greyed out so you don't have the stuff.

And voila - the lag/freezing is gone.

I have had this happen a few times in the latest experimental also. When doing something in my inventory (maybe moving items around, maunally picking them up) Game will freeze, I will get the "thinking" mouse icon pop up (windows) then after a few seconds it will unfreeze.

It is intermittent though, so I am not sure you can just reproduce it reliably.

And yes one time I know I was in the forge too. (actually I dont remember but It might have been always when in a container, forge/box etc.)

Archived