Zombies with guns

Philver

Hi there, me and a friend of mine just had a funny idea (well, WE laughed about it :smug:): Imagine there were some zombies, that carry guns and have a pretty bad aiming (like zombies have, usually :D) and shoot aimless in the air or shoot each other. :panda:

It wouldn't be complicated, not necessarily, but I don't think this fits in with the game. However you did remind me of splicers from the Bioshock series. Besides, we already have Jesus critters :smile-new: I'm pretty sure you've at least seen one deer prance across a lake in RG :very_drunk: If not, you're missing out on some key A9 features. Would be kind of entertaining to have this as a mod though, maybe one could do something funny with it. They are zombies, and we all know zombies are clumsy.

[QUOTE=Yojimbo;122466]Also give guns to deer and pigs... and arm rabbits with pipe bombs. Let chaos ensue![/QUOTE] I can see it now... We shoot at the deer, and the deer proceeds to go all "Dirty Harry" on us with a .44 Magnum.... And rabbits with pipe bombs... yup, nothing like suicide rabbits to ruin your day. Instead of running from you, they run to u and you only have one option, shoot the lil' buggers before they blow you up. Cause we sure ain't as hell gonna be able to run from them :D But seriously, just no. Arming zombies with guns is just ridiculous....

[QUOTE=Philver;122206]Well, I know that it would be to complicated to implement, but just want to share the idea with you :) Maybe some mod dev catches up :P[/QUOTE] The cop zombie use a range attack. That base scripting can be converted to it using a gun or used on another zombie that could use a gun. But I still do see them adding this since it really does not fit the game.

Like in resident evil with the introduction of zeds with gun carrying capacity and in Dead Space 3 with gun carrying frozen cadaver soon people will call them Molotov zombies, Why ? because only with a gun they can start a flame war :p . Naaa never on a zeds game or it would mean that some people use zeds as gun carrier ( still they wont hold dem gunz). As a game mod just for the fun ? yeah why not. The only fear we could have is if they do a game mode and people end up having a disinterest for other game mode meaning that at least 80% of all future 7d2d server will feature this goofy mode like orange_x3 only map server are rampant on Tf2. So yes they can do a mode like that..... but don't be surprised if the ever rejuvenating community will start to grow an unhealthy interest from it.

[QUOTE=Yojimbo;122466]Also give guns to deer and pigs... and arm rabbits with pipe bombs. Let chaos ensue![/QUOTE] OHHH! Rabits with pipe bombs. It would be a terrible idea for the main game but I would definitely play that mod at least once.

[QUOTE=tbird11299;125454]That's stupid[/QUOTE] The only stupid thing is your immature comment. Tell me what you don't like about it and why, but in a kind way... I have stated an idea, that is not as absurd as it seems...if it not fits the game, I am alright with it, that is an argument, but "That's stupid" just does not give any input apart from me thinking you are not able to argument your opinion. :)

[QUOTE=Philver;126487]The only stupid thing is your immature comment. Tell me what you don't like about it and why, but in a kind way... I have stated an idea, that is not as absurd as it seems...if it not fits the game, I am alright with it, that is an argument, but "That's stupid" just does not give any input apart from me thinking you are not able to argument your opinion. :)[/QUOTE] Actually it is absurd, zombie have no intellect so they should not know how to operate a gun let alone be able to aim one. Regardless of the "muscle memory" theory, in order for that to apply they would need a brain, but since they are scouring about in search of said brain this can not work. It pissed me off when I saw the zombies in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weilding and shooting guns.

Archived