giveself a quantity of something?

frinetik

So, a chemistry station just ate 35,000 worth of gunpowder resources. I exited from the create menu with 40 completed and 35,000 queued with the 350 minutes worth of wood, and when I came back later there were 40 and the wood burning down, but no queue. Disappointing.

Is there a way to use giveself or something like it on the console to generate a quantity (greater than 1) of an object? It looks impossible but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks

I just discovered the ammo station did the same thing with about 3200 rounds of 5.56 Nato. Horde day 63 is tomorrow. It would be nice to know what the upper bounds are for the game taking a dump like this so I can feed by hand. It's too late now for about 13,000 rounds.

- - - Updated - - -

And no, I wasn't thinking about calculating what would fit in the output like I usually do. Usually these days the extra gets saved and dumped very quickly into your inventory when you get to the station.

Known bug when you shove massive stacks of resources into crafting stations. Pretty positive it's listed in the patch notes.

You can use the creative menu to give yourself anything.

Thanks for the response. Sure, I can give myself one gunpowder at a time, but I was just wondering if you can give yourself a quantity of items in a single command. Like, say, 35,000 gunpowder.

i can not find a giveself item command... the old se "spawn entity" used to be what we used... but with items not tied to a definite id now... that doesnt work.

Sylen is correct.. it is much easier to open the creative typing in the search for the item and shift click on the stack... no need to drag 1 of an item if that item is stacked. "unless" you only wanted one that is.

so in a18 gun powder is in stacks of 1000... so i shift click on the stack until i get what i wanted. less hassles :)

i can not find a giveself item command... the old se "spawn entity" used to be what we used... but with items not tied to a definite id now... that doesnt work.

Sylen is correct.. it is much easier to open the creative typing in the search for the item and shift click on the stack... no need to drag 1 of an item if that item is stacked. "unless" you only wanted one that is.

so in a18 gun powder is in stacks of 1000... so i shift click on the stack until i get what i wanted. less hassles :)

Cool, thanks. I'll see if I can figure out what creative typing means. :) I think I've seen grids of items on podcasts, but despite a sizeable time investment in the game I'm only just going power user and don't know how to do that yet.

Archived