All random gen worlds I make on PC flat?

MelodicSoldier

For some reason any world I make on random gen regardless of size is almost completely flat with small hills or bumps but no mountains or anything major. I always seem to spawn in some city on grassland that's unlike any I have ever seen on random gen and there is barely any grassland. What is going on here and how can I fix this? I am playing A17 on PC and I just reinstalled it to see if it would fix the issue but it did not. (Yes I deleted any leftover files when I uninstalled it before reinstalling)

For some reason any world I make on random gen regardless of size is almost completely flat with small hills or bumps but no mountains or anything major. I always seem to spawn in some city on grassland that's unlike any I have ever seen on random gen and there is barely any grassland. What is going on here and how can I fix this? I am playing A17 on PC and I just reinstalled it to see if it would fix the issue but it did not. (Yes I deleted any leftover files when I uninstalled it before reinstalling)

grasslands have been removed. you could try the world preview tool before starting a fresh game.

well the way rwg works in A17 is nothing like A16. Most of the worlds, from what i remember the last few times I played were relatively flat in A17.3 not sure what changed in A17.4.

The game should be getting updated to A18 here in a few weeks and from the looks of it, the flatness is gone.

Okay well explain how my friend made a random world in A17 with no mods or any external programs and it had tons of mountains varying in sizes and biomes of all types and no one area was the same level as another?

Try creating a world using the exact same size, world name, and seed name as your friend. It should generate exactly the same world.

Okay well explain how my friend made a random world in A17 with no mods or any external programs and it had tons of mountains varying in sizes and biomes of all types and no one area was the same level as another?

Because the worlds are randomely generated of course. It kinda sounds like you have a bit of an attitude. I'm only trying to help you, sorry I do not have a list of seeds that have mountains in it. Since you refuse to use the world preview tool, good luck.

Archived