Zombie Bait

Would someone please make electric zombie bait? That way with the flip of a switch, all of the zombie baits would be active and if things got too crazy flip the switch to turn the zombie baits off. Here is a variation that I'm trying to cook up:

<config>
<append xpath="/blocks">

<block name="Super Zombie Bait">
<property name="Extends"[property name="Class" value="PoweredLight"]/>
<property name="Extends" value="ceilingLight01_player"/>
<property name="Model" value="Entities/Lighting/industrial_light_02_redPrefab"/> <property name="HandleFace" value="Top"/>
<property name="CustomIcon" value="Super Zombie Bait"/>
<property name="RuntimeSwitch" value="true"/>
</block>

</append>
</config>[/Code]

<property name="HeatMapStrength" value="1"/>

<property name="HeatMapTime" value="1200"/>

<property name="HeatMapFrequency" value="15"/>

That's some stuff you'll need. Heatmap is what gets you screamers which is what I assume you're after?

Those settings are from the torch, so I'd guess you would wanna up the strength at least so they work quicker than torches.

<property name="HeatMapStrength" value="1"/>

<property name="HeatMapFrequency" value="15"/>

That's some stuff you'll need. Heatmap is what gets you screamers which is what I assume you're after?

Those settings are from the torch, so I'd guess you would wanna up the strength at least so they work quicker than torches.

It's on there now yet the heat map doesn't change:

<config>
<append xpath="/blocks">
<block name="zombie bait">
<property name="Class" value="PoweredLight"/>
<property name="Extends" value="porchLight01"/>
<property name="CreativeMode" value="Player"/>
<property name="MaxDamage" value="200"/>
<property name="DescriptionKey" value="lightPlayerGroupDesc"/>
<property name="CustomIcon" value="zombie bait"/>
<property name="RuntimeSwitch" value="true"/>
<property name="Material" value="Mglass"/>
<property name="StabilitySupport" value="false"/> <!-- build restriction -->
<property name="Model" value="Entities/Lighting/industrial_light_02_redPrefab"/> <property name="HandleFace" value="Top"/>
<property name="TakeDelay" value="5"/>
<property name="HeatMapStrength" value="20"/>
<property name="HeatMapFrequency" value="25"/>
<property name="BuffWhenPowered" value="buffCampfireAOE(6)"/>

</block>
</append>
</config>[/Code]

I think heatmap is not a function of the PowerLight class so that likely wont work. You could approach this by using a container and have the on open sound loud to attack zombies. Open and close it and watch the zombies arrive. You can put a long activation range on the container for remote opening. That is how we did car alarms and it works well.

I think heatmap is not a function of the PowerLight class so that likely wont work. You could approach this by using a container and have the on open sound loud to attack zombies. Open and close it and watch the zombies arrive. You can put a long activation range on the container for remote opening. That is how we did car alarms and it works well.

Thank you, I didn't think of that.

I wasn't quite sure how to do that, although I know what your getting at so I'm trying to use the speakers to attract zombies.

<config>
<append xpath="/sounds">
<SoundDataNode name="alarm1"> <AudioSource name="Sounds/AudioSource_VO_Announce"/>
<Noise volume="120" time="2" heat_map_strength="75" heat_map_time="50"/>
<AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/Electricity/Alarms/alarm1_lp" Loop="true"/>
<LocalCrouchVolumeScale value="1.0"/> <CrouchNoiseScale value="0.5"/> <NoiseScale value="1"/> <MaxVoices value="10"/> <MaxRepeatRate value="0"/> </SoundDataNode>
</append>
</config>[/Code]

I'm interested in knowing the code you used for the car alarms as it would be something I'd be interested in implimenting in my personal mod. Also, did your alarm cause the Zombies to attack the cars and make them explode as not only bait but a trap? Or did it just summon Zeds to the area to attack you?

Would there possibly be a way to, expanding on this idea, to make something akin to the pipe bomb from left4dead or the monkey from COD Zombies where you throw it and all the Zombies nearby go to that location as if it was a player? I know that in versions past (preA16) there was a debuff that you got when carrying raw meat that would make Zeds track you down from way far away but I'd like to be able to throw said meat and have all the nearby Zeds run off the side of a building or something...

Archived