Navezgane question

Hypax

• 2 weeks later...
Oh, I had thought all buildings in Nav were handplaced. Is the random placement new? In A15 I could vouch for a lot of buildings that they never changed.

They've always been hand placed; nav is the original map and it uses a prefabs.XML file to determine where those hand placements are. It's funny because random gen has actually been heading the direction that navezgane has always been.

Originally the game had a world folder and nav was the only entry, now the random gen engine makes world folders and the format is the same as nav.

It's really quite clever.

They've always been hand placed; nav is the original map and it uses a prefabs.XML file to determine where those hand placements are.

Thanks, I made the mistake of confusing "custom" with "random" placement. Borked reading comprehension again.

To use the Navezgane map in NitroGen, I have just added a new Tool that converts dtm.raw files to a hightmap png.

(same download link, its in the tools folder)

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?114207-Tool-NITROGEN-a-random-world-generator-for-7DtD

So you can have a look how the terrain-file actually looks like (Navezgane, or other random gen worlds), and use this terrain to import it into NitroGen to generate the world (POIs, streets) on.

-> Using the dtm directly, would make Nitrogen not place the POIs at the right hights, as it needs to know the terrains shape, and also alter it to make the streets smooth. (unless you turn off streets and small lakes, and only generate POIs)

Archived