Quick Mining question 17.4

gcomerfo

Hey you experts. So in 17.4 in the current state, does ore sampling of gravel on the surface, still tell you which ores are below???

I used to check gravel patches, near boulders and get like an iron, or a lead, for example, telling me that ores is underground there.

Did this change, or is it same??

They change the mining mechanics like on a the whim of a fart in the wind these days, so I can never be sure what flavor of rules we are on today anymore....

[i heard in A18, to find ores, you will have to eat a sham sandwich, fart, then scratch your ass, and if you taste iron or coal in your mouth, then that means ore is 20 meters below your left foot...]

A18 is changing how mining works to find ores....again...lol

For now, yes, the gravel sampling does tell you what's below but iron is shallow while the other ores are deeper. Read the in game journal on mining for more details on how mining works. It is up to date with the current version of mining.

A18 is changing how mining works to find ores....again...lol

For now, yes, the gravel sampling does tell you what's below but iron is shallow while the other ores are deeper. Read the in game journal on mining for more details on how mining works. It is up to date with the current version of mining.

Thanks, Roland. Yes, I did check in game journal, but I was suspect after searching numerous gravel patches over a couple blocks of pine forest and only gives like the stone/sand/dirt no ores - so I could be really unlucky (not a first). That's why I thought I'd ask...

Thanks, Roland. Yes, I did check in game journal, but I was suspect after searching numerous gravel patches over a couple blocks of pine forest and only gives like the stone/sand/dirt no ores - so I could be really unlucky (not a first). That's why I thought I'd ask...

It doesn't give the sample unless you destroy the whole gravel block it seems. That caught me out at first...maybe you're doing the same.

ah, yes! that might be it - need to destroy whole block! Watson, yer a genius!

--------------

Just tested - got iron piece with whole block dug up. See, you ARE a genius Watson! Next time I should use my brain tubes....

That's interesting I had issues sourcing lead and I tried some deep mines in burnt biome, forest biome and desert biome and nothing came up but in the wastelands I was overwhelmed with iron and I'm not sure how update to update works for my world being rwg.... I started out in 17.2 and updated to 17.3 then 17.4 but will I be set and stuck with 17.2 as opposed to 17.4 setup? Like the roads aren't very roadworthy on my rwg and I hear in 17.4 rwg they are..

When i was checking biomes in 17.2 i think, i found practically everything in every biome. For some resources i had to spend a lot of time, but managed to find in gravel nodes. One thing is that a whole gravel patch will show the same, but one nearby could point to a scarce resource. Most dominant were iron and lead.

When i was checking biomes in 17.2 i think, i found practically everything in every biome. For some resources i had to spend a lot of time, but managed to find in gravel nodes. One thing is that a whole gravel patch will show the same, but one nearby could point to a scarce resource. Most dominant were iron and lead.

which biomes did you locate lead? seems to be the impossible one for me to actually mine underground but I haven't mined under boulders yet so I must test this with boulders giving lead I'm guessing.... ps. I've achieved lead by farming cars in wastelands and damn it takes a lifetime on survival solo lol

Archived