Chest sorting!, why do people not do it??

Data

I just don’t understand why chests don’t get sorted, just doesn’t make sense why they are not, its so more logical and easier to look at and see things needed where they are, and easy to calculate how much more stuff is needed

In the server I play, things are left in random location in a chest, so I have to try to calculate what’s needed, what I need to get more of etc. I then click the auto sort icon, and its altogether, but I get moaned at for doing so!!

Why do people “manually” place items all over the place??

And then they say it’s easier? Its jut not logical!!

am i wrong?

In a SP game or if you are playing alone it might be better not to sort because you often want stuff arranged by categories you define instead of the only category the game has. As an example you might group magazines used for combat together and put magazines that help you with trade together with stuff you intend to sell. You might want to put building material you know you will need the next time you biuld separate from the rest of the materials so you can pick them up without thinking about it again.

In a co-op game sorting is more logical. Because what one sorts, the next one will sort differently.

Literally you can spend an entire night organising your chests, the dilemna with 7 days is time being always against you. You need to get as much done during the day and enough prep before horde night. Nights can be quite boring so sorting then could be frustrating.

When you're in multi however the unfortunate assumption is "someone else will do it" and then if someone else does do it, it's difficult to know where everything should go.

When I was playing, I wouldn't sort my chests until I got to an area I knew I was staying in. Then I would drop around 7 chests where I wanted them to be located. Sort out my gear, then never have to worry about sorting again. that was usually by day 5. I hated moving it lol.

Archived